Deer lease Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease Prices

Am I the only that feels lease prices and landowner demands/rules are getting out of hand? It's taking all the enjoyment out of it for me. Thought I would never feel like just giving it up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What are some examples of demands/rules that you are referring to? Prices seem to be rising.

Comment

Just gotta find the right place. I was on a place once where I felt the way you do. But for last 10 years been on a place that fits me and is a blast.

Comment

Eh, supply and demand. Market has changed as the population has grown and the available leases have declined.

Comment

We bring it upon ourselves. I have seen many post on here where someone says I have 2-5 thousand to spend what kind of lease can on for that price. Every year timber companies put their property up for bids. We were leasing for 6 dollars per acre and some one bids 9 an acre our price just went up. As long as demand outweighs supply the cost will continue to rise.

Comment

Prices are crazy for sure but I agree with doright, its self imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
              Am I the only that feels lease prices and landowner demands/rules are getting out of hand? It's taking all the enjoyment out of it for me. Thought I would never feel like just giving it up.

Your feelings are exactly what led me to buy and at that particular point I didn't care if it was only 10 acres!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                What are some examples of demands/rules that you are referring to? Prices seem to be rising.
                Like pay premuin price but can only hunt weekends or no camping allowed but pay premuin price. Another one I seen, we lease our place but we hunt it also. Just a few examples I've seen lately.

Comment

"Out of hand"- no

If someone is willing to keep putting cash in the landowners hand then it's what the market will bare. There's always the national forest if you don't want to spend $$$$$ on a place.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    "Out of hand"- no

If someone is willing to keep putting cash in the landowners hand then it's what the market will bare. There's always the national forest if you don't want to spend $$$$$ on a place.
                    That's the problem, the someone are generally companys that drive up the prices. And don't think I don't spend a big chunk of chance since you have no clue about me.

Comment

Prices are only one part of the equation. The other part is passing younger bucks, shelling out thousands for mandatory protein and food plots, witness lease managers selling hunts or not follow the rules, and too many other variables to list to then only be told the price is doubling or the grand kids want to hunt it next year. Not saying by any means that all places are like this, but the ones with high turnover most likely share a couple of these traits.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
                        That's the problem, the someone are generally companys that drive up the prices. And don't think I don't spend a big chunk of chance since you have no clue about me.

Lol. I didn't say anything about how much you spend. "IF" you want a cheap route there is always the national forest.

In general, I agree with you that leases have gotten really expensive, but so has most everything else.
                        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-20-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I read some of the rules put up on TBH for some leases and I'm amazed they can get anybody to join, a rule for everything.....biggest one is it's a 2,000 acre lease, for example, and you get to hunt X pasture only.....

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                            Your feelings are exactly what led me to buy and at that particular point I didn't care if it was only 10 acres!
                            This!

Thanks for your help, Darton! 1 month away from closing!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              I read some of the rules put up on TBH for some leases and I'm amazed they can get anybody to join, a rule for everything.....biggest one is it's a 2,000 acre lease, for example, and you get to hunt X pasture only.....
                              The ones that get me are you have to live a certain amount of miles away to join the lease. Who comes up with crazy rules like this?

Purchase your own land and you won't have to worry about leases or things like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X