Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any right handed left eye dominate shooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any right handed left eye dominate shooters?

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    I shoot a shotgun and a pistol with both eyes open. If you get in to the habit you'll get used to it. You've never had any trouble hitting anything with a rifle?

I have never missed anything with a scoped rifle until I said I have never missed anything with a scoped rifle on TBH.

First miss and second miss was this deer.

I hit him in the *** the third time he came to the feeder. Low fence 500 acres. I drove 9 HRs and Jumped in the stand at 4:00PM the day before anyone showed up so this is the best pic I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 03-20-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

My buddy is right handed,left eye dominant. When we were kids he found out when we were walking around town shooting birds out of everyone's trees with our bb guns. He started shooting left handed and his accuracy improved. Not that he was ever really a bad shot but it became easier and now he can't even shoot right handed. At this stage in your life I think it'd be hard to make the switch but you might could. I'm almost blind in my left eye so....I'd try it and I'd know how difficult it is but I'm blind as a bat so my opinion wouldn't mean much. I guess if it'd make a difference all you can do is try.

Comment

I shoot a bow right handed, a rifle left handed. I am basically righ t handed but left eye dominant. I also shoot pool left handed.

Comment

Me, no issues. I can't do shiat with my left hand , so I never even considered trying to switch to wrong handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            I shoot a bow right handed, a rifle left handed. I am basically righ t handed but left eye dominant. I also shoot pool left handed.
            This is me too. I even hold a pistol right handed and use my left eye. Wish I had tried a left handed bow, but it's a bit late for that now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am left eye dominant and right handed. On my clay shooting glasses I have a piece of matte scotch tape on each lens where I need the occlusion and have no issues. The way I did it was I shouldered my gun and then touched the lens in the place where I could no longer see the end of the barrel with my left eye. Then I used blue painters tape and adjusted the size and exact position I needed the occlusion to be. After it was set I put the scotch tape on the inside of the lens. Mine doesn't bother me at all. At first I thought it would cause an annoying blind spot but it is actually higher toward the corner of the lens toward the nosepiece that it really doesn't do much until I shoulder the gun.

Comment

When I was a kiddo, I figured out that I was left eye dominant and started shooting everything left handed. It was an easy switch for me and my accuracy improved dramatically.

Comment

My dad is right handed and does everything right handed except shoot a gun and shoot pool, which he can do with either hand. I can't even brush my teeth with my left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    I’m going to try and shoot with both eyes open while using a pistol and shotgun but it’s going to be weird. I’m not sure shooting with my right eye will hurt me shooting a scoped rifle but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I started shooting trad. Gear 8-9 years ago and since them started shooting everything with both eyes open. I am much better than I have ever been since starting that.
                    I am left handed ( throw and write) but pretty much everything else is right handed.

Comment

I fall in the same boat. I shot trap a lot growing up and never could shoot two eyed. I probably should have switched to left hand but never did. I carried a 96-97 average in singles and mid 90s in handicap but never could shoot doubles. I think that had a lot to do with shooting 1 eyed.

I see a lot of people shooting their bow with both eyes open too. I will never be able to do that.

Comment

@sambo73 is left handed and right eye dominant

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          @sambo73 is left handed and right eye dominant

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          That explains a lot!

Comment

Me too. Right handed, but left eye dominant. My dad figured it out when I was pretty young so I just started shooting left handed when I was 6 or 7 years old. Been shooting left handed for almost 30 years now.

Comment

I do everything right handed from writing to shooting my bow but I shoot a gun left handed and always have but have never shot a left handed gun

Comment

I am, but I shoot with both eyes open and mostly shoot right handed. Cannot shoot a bow left handed, but wish I could.

Comment

Working...
                                X