Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Any pics of before the stain. What color stain did you use
    Just drive through a neighborhood and look at old privacy fences for before pics. The stain color was pecan by rustoleum.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
      Just drive through a neighborhood and look at old privacy fences for before pics. The stain color was pecan by rustoleum.
      Awesome work bud! What if any prep work is going into the boards prior to the stain going on??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Awesome work bud! What if any prep work is going into the boards prior to the stain going on??
        I picked the straightest boards in the pile. Took 60 grit sandpaper on a palm sander and ran it down the board until the grain came through to my liking. Stained the boards. After the stain dried I hit it with the sander again unevenly to give out the weathered look. Last step was a nice coating of gloss sealer. It really brought out the grain and knots in the wood.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
          I picked the straightest boards in the pile. Took 60 grit sandpaper on a palm sander and ran it down the board until the grain came through to my liking. Stained the boards. After the stain dried I hit it with the sander again unevenly to give out the weathered look. Last step was a nice coating of gloss sealer. It really brought out the grain and knots in the wood.
          Thanks for the info and again, awesome looking project

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Thanks for the info and again, awesome looking project
            Thank you sir! Post up some pics when you try it out.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks really good!
                And great idea on the light behing the TX cutout. Make sure to post the pic when done.

Comment

Working...
                X