No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal. I have been wanting to go to north ks and while there hunt south ne towards memorial day weekend one year but hasn't worked out. Interested to hear what you see and hear. You staying on the open fields-waters and wma public?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      Good deal. I have been wanting to go to north ks and while there hunt south ne towards memorial day weekend one year but hasn't worked out. Interested to hear what you see and hear. You staying on the open fields-waters and wma public?
      WMA’s for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
        South central where the birds are more plentiful. Killed my share of merriam’s, just looking to add to my collection of spurs and beards and my last chance of the spring to work some birds.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

I’m working on permission to some private land in Nebraska for next year but have always wanted to try their public land

Comment

If y’all get a chance, check these guys out! Authentic group of turkey hunting fanatics that have grinded out in a swath of states from the southeast to Midwest, hunting predominantly public land. The videos where there isn’t a kill are just as entertaining as when they are able to connect. So jealous of their adventures.

The Hunting Public is an online video series that focuses on relating to all groups of hunters. By hunting in a variety of different situations we will try to teach our viewers different strategies for harvesting game.

Comment

If y’all get a chance, check these guys out! Authentic group of turkey hunting fanatics that have grinded out in a swath of states from the southeast to Midwest, hunting predominantly public land. The videos where there isn’t a kill are just as entertaining as when they are able to connect. So jealous of their adventures.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzlna...SOReqxg/videos
            Thanks for posting that... I was going through post season withdrawals... these should keep me going for another week or so before I fall into a deep depression

Comment

WMA’s for me.

No luck?

Comment

"They’ve been kicking my butt. It’s been hot and windy and the birds have been shutting down by 9:30. Toms have been roosted with hens, but they start to break away an hour and a half after fly down. I finally got on one this morning and had him in to 40, but before I could put my red dot on him, he got into some brush and then flat out disappeared. Only gobbled one time on his way to me. The plan tomorrow is to get in well before daylight and set up in an area I saw a flock feeding and a couple of toms strutting. These plains birds are not fun to hunt. The only place with cover to setup in is the drainages they roost in."

Comment

I may go set up my stutter decoy tonight with real fan and then shoot it and then bag him n tag him. Forgot what those motions feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    I may go set up my stutter decoy tonight with real fan and then shoot it and then bag him n tag him. Forgot what those motions feel like.

So does your decoy go:

Go Go Go Go Gobble Gobble Gobble?[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      So does your decoy go:

Go Go Go Go Gobble Gobble Gobble?[emoji13][emoji23]
                      Yes and if I have enough cold beverage I can fly with it onto the roost at night

Comment

Bushwhacked a jake. Got in front of a group and pulled the trigger as a red head moved from my right to left. Not a fan of deer hunting turkeys. I doubt I’ll ever hunt plains/field birds again.

Comment

Congrats for getting on the board and hunting while everyone else has closed up shop for season. Way to keep after them

Comment

Bushwhacked a jake. Got in front of a group and pulled the trigger as a red head moved from my right to left. Not a fan of deer hunting turkeys. I doubt I’ll ever hunt plains/field birds again.

What area did you hunt?

Comment

Southwest. Several lakes with WMA’s in the area. I hunted just one of them as I was on birds that were acting “right”. Weather sucked, but that’s totally out of my control. Hot and windy, then thunderstorms and sustained winds of 40 mph. I think if you were willing to hike in a popup blind and decoy spread, you could call the birds in to you from a hill side above them on their way to the edges of cut corn fields.

Comment

Southwest. Several lakes with WMA’s in the area. I hunted just one of them as I was on birds that were acting “right”. Weather sucked, but that’s totally out of my control. Hot and windy, then thunderstorms and sustained winds of 40 mph. I think if you were willing to hike in a popup blind and decoy spread, you could call the birds in to you from a hill side above them on their way to the edges of cut corn fields.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X