JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    That sure was nice of you to do that for Po Clay. Yes I can always dream about opportunities next year. Thanks for the recipe. Is that the same oneTexastornado posted a while back?

I did it for PoPo. Clay is just his guest[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. ...Kidding ...sort of[emoji13]

Comment

243, it was a tough season for us. My uncle got a pretty nice Tom, but the rest of us struck out. I got a monster in to about 60 yards right at roost time, and passed on a long shot, hoping to get him the next morning. Sucker never would come closer, and never gave me anything better. This season sucked for me with only one weekend that I was able to get out. Too many conflicts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
        243, it was a tough season for us. My uncle got a pretty nice Tom, but the rest of us struck out. I got a monster in to about 60 yards right at roost time, and passed on a long shot, hoping to get him the next morning. Sucker never would come closer, and never gave me anything better. This season sucked for me with only one weekend that I was able to get out. Too many conflicts this year.
        Congrats to your Uncle. Well that is nice you worked a bird and knew he was a boss Tom. Maybe you will get a crack at him next year. I don't like the season starting a week later next year. Already been starting late enough. Eastern used to open around apr 7-9. Success in area has dropped significantly since the change. It is what it is. Fun getting out and hearing /seeing birds

Comment

Yes, it will definitely make it harder to get one. I’m going to hit them hard next year, I’m tired of Tag soup

Comment

Anyone know of any good recipes for tag soup?
            I got tons of recipes for tag soup. Also, have tons for tag sammiches too. In fact, I have 4 Texas tags need cookin.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
              Yes, it will definitely make it harder to get one. I’m going to hit them hard next year, I’m tired of Tag soup

Your dad didn’t get one!!!!

He always gets one!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I did it for PoPo. Clay is just his guest[emoji13][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. ...Kidding ...sort of[emoji13]

[emoji1327]*♂️

Comment

Dont knock Eastern hunting toughness. 2nd yr in a row for tag soup. Worked birds but couldn't get shot. If you get bored shooting corn fed birds I recommend getting out in the woods and hunting pressured birds and seeing how good your turkey skills really are. AggieBush-did you do any good?

Easterns aren’t thaaaaaat tough

I can tell you Id rather play with them than those mountain birds in SD!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    Your dad didn’t get one!!!!

He always gets one!
                    Ha, ha, he should have. He ran up during the week to meet with the timber guy, and snuck in a couple of hunts. Called in a pretty nice 2-3 yr old, and passed him at 4-5 yards. Didn’t want to shoot it without me and my boy there to see it. These old guys get soft. lol

Comment

2coolforschool, your Grandfather looks like Marty Malin....
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        2coolforschool, your Grandfather looks like Marty Malin....
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        That's because he's jmalin, two or three times removed from tbh. he makes a new profile each year.....

Comment

Easterns aren’t thaaaaaat tough

I can tell you Id rather play with them than those mountain birds in SD!
                          Jakes don't count on your grand slam quest. Let me know when you call in a big boy eastern. I have never seen this bird before until a few pics on cam. He isn't your average dumb 2yr old
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jakes don't count on your grand slam quest. Let me know when you call in a big boy eastern. I have never seen this bird before until a few pics on cam. He isn't your average dumb 2yr old

Do these count or nah?

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

“Big boy Eastern”. ...Lmfao!! That sound like the Aggies talking about football in the SEC.[emoji23][emoji23]
                              Last edited by Smart; 05-11-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Do these count or nah?
                                I'm talking about your spike Eastern, being so easy and all. Had no idea you had gotten others. Nice going. Again, congrats on the merriams. Way to go man

Comment

Working...
                                X