No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KS recap....was the worst hunt I’ve ever been on!! Every place I had to hunt was holding ZERO birds! All my normal haunts had nothing!! ****dest thing I’ve ever seen! I don’t know how to explain it! I’ve killed tons of birds on these places in the past. We ended up only filling 1 out of 4 tags in 2 days But we was hunting and I guess it’s better than sitting on the couch!!
    PS.....season is open until end of May up there....so I’m debating on how mad I really am at them

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      KS recap....was the worst hunt I’ve ever been on!! Every place I had to hunt was holding ZERO birds! All my normal haunts had nothing!! ****dest thing I’ve ever seen! I don’t know how to explain it! I’ve killed tons of birds on these places in the past. We ended up only filling 1 out of 4 tags in 2 days But we was hunting and I guess it’s better than sitting on the couch!!
      PS.....season is open until end of May up there....so I’m debating on how mad I really am at them
      It happens, good luck next time if you make another trip shane!

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

KS recap....was the worst hunt I’ve ever been on!! Every place I had to hunt was holding ZERO birds! All my normal haunts had nothing!! ****dest thing I’ve ever seen! I don’t know how to explain it! I’ve killed tons of birds on these places in the past. We ended up only filling 1 out of 4 tags in 2 days[emoji20] But we was hunting and I guess it’s better than sitting on the couch!!

[emoji15][emoji15].... I guess those KS Rio hybrids are tougher than the world famous and reknown East Texas Eastern turkey[emoji13]

Don’t let em lick you Shane! Go get em again[emoji41]
        Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          [emoji15][emoji15].... I guess those KS Rio hybrids are tougher than the world famous and reknown East Texas Eastern turkey[emoji13]

I’d like to go back. But when you head up there knowing the birds are vacant from your spots.....it’s a little bit disheartening. The ONE group of birds we actually did get to work were on a new place I just gained permission on. I’m still thinking about it though Guess im just a glutton for punishment...lol

Comment

That’s rough!

Comment

I wouldn’t have believed this until I saw it with my own eyes. My last New Mexico bird had a horned frog in his crop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                I wouldn’t have believed this until I saw it with my own eyes. My last New Mexico bird had a horned frog in his crop.

Wow that’s surprising

Comment

Wow!! Never seen that. ..

Comment

Wow! That's pretty **** cool!

All mine had was grass and corn.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s pretty awesome!

Comment

Dont knock Eastern hunting toughness. 2nd yr in a row for tag soup. Worked birds but couldn't get shot. If you get bored shooting corn fed birds I recommend getting out in the woods and hunting pressured birds and seeing how good your turkey skills really are. AggieBush-did you do any good?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Dont knock Eastern hunting toughness. 2nd yr in a row for tag soup. Worked birds but couldn't get shot. If you get bored shooting corn fed birds I recommend getting out in the woods and hunting pressured birds and seeing how good your turkey skills really are. AggieBush-did you do any good?
                          Man one of these days I hope to be as good as you.....

I was just hacking on Shane....did the same via text. No reason to get your East Texas folklore loving panties in a wad...

Comment

Man one of these days I hope to be as good as you.....

I was just hacking on Shane....did the same via text. No reason to get your East Texas folklore loving panties in a wad...
                            Leave my panties alone. OK, sarcasm meter was out of batteries. Guess I need to put up a solar panel and eneloops . Maybe add some slinkeys and cage later. Nice going on all the toms at your place. Impressive stuff. My brother and I each passed on a jake. Anyone know of any good recipes for tag soup?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                              Leave my panties alone. OK, sarcasm meter was out of batteries. Guess I need to put up a solar panel and eneloops . Maybe add some slinkeys and cage later. Nice going on all the toms at your place. Impressive stuff. My brother and I each passed on a jake. Anyone know of any good recipes for tag soup?

LOL...thank you. It was a season that will be hard to top for us as a group.

I prefer to slow cook my tags with butterball turkey legs to make a broth. Just add canned corn and water..

I have two I need to do myself since Clay and PoPo get the other two of my ranch alloted 4.. Didn't get to go to my buddy's place in Weatherford unfortunately. Next year is looking good for opportunities besides TG county though.
                              Last edited by Smart; 05-10-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

LOL...thank you. It was a season that will be hard to top for us as a group.

I prefer to slow cook my tags with butterball turkey legs to make a broth. Just add canned corn and water..

I have two I need to do myself since Clay and PoPo get the other two of my ranch alloted 4.. Didn't get to go to my buddy's place in Weatherford unfortunately. Next year is looking good for opportunities besides TG county though.
                                That sure was nice of you to do that for Po Clay. Yes I can always dream about opportunities next year. Thanks for the recipe. Is that the same oneTexastornado posted a while back?

Comment

Working...
                                X