Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics! Congrats everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Attaboy Swamp!!
      Thanks!

Sure got windy and cold quick. This guy was my only visiter last night. Didn't gobble until he was 5 10 yards right of my blind and scared the crap out of me. It was awesome!

This morning was a nice 29 degree morning.... at least the wind had calmed down to only 15 to 20... and could get a few gobbles here and there.

Love me some Spring Thunder!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Whats up fellas?

This guy decided to die up in a tree. Took me a while to figure out what happened. Walked a mile to find him 40 yds away.

Here is the LDP (vs a HUP???). sure did tear up that fan flying up into that tree... was kind of a pain getting him down... never thought to bring loppers to search for a hit bird... now I need to remember to look up every now and again when trailing

Comment

What a weekend!

Comment

Was able to get a hunt in this morning. 30 degrees is not my favorite turkey hunting conditions. They hammered pretty hard on the roost and went completely silent upon fly down. But we managed to get one to come in silent about an hour after daylight. Never gobbled until he was 50 yards away. Once he saw the DSD’s it was over. 10 1/2” beard and 1 1/8” spurs

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Was able to get a hunt in this morning. 30 degrees is not my favorite turkey hunting conditions. They hammered pretty hard on the roost and went completely silent upon fly down. But we managed to get one to come in silent about an hour after daylight. Never gobbled until he was 50 yards away. Once he saw the DSD’s it was over. 10 1/2” beard and 1 1/8” spurs

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post

Niiiice! Where’s the pic with your ugly mug in it?[emoji13][emoji13]

Comment

I’d hate to ruin the thread with my mugshot I didn’t kill it anyways.....

Comment

Anyone want to keep a running total of dead birds posted to this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
                      Anyone want to keep a running total of dead birds posted to this thread?

We have 13 from our place this year....all TBHers or their kids and then Popo....incredible decoy action opening weekend and Thursday-Sat this weekend....

Comment

It would take me forever to recap this weekend so I’ll just let the photos do it for me.

Welcome beers

Bird #1 - Group of 5 came in and pounded the full strutter

Bird #2 - The next morning right off the roost

LDP

PoPo got one with his crossbow and the other with his 50+ year old 4.10

These were by far the most consistently aggressive birds I’ve ever hunted. The poor decoys took a beating!!!

Thanks again Smart for the invite and hospitality. For the last 2 years, this is THE trip that PoPo and I look forward to the most! Humper, Lance, and Rick....nice meeting/seeing you guys!

Comment

Way to go Smart Clay! Yall had a heckuva weekend. Congrats

Comment

Reports from Sonora are that the birds are just as hot as they were this past weekend. Hope that’s true!

Not sure what time I can get on the road on Thursday but I’ll for sure make the Friday morning hunt.

Comment

This wind is killing my afternoon hunts during the week. Sure wish it would blow under 20 one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                                This wind is killing my afternoon hunts during the week. Sure wish it would blow under 20 one of these days

Gusts up to 40 forecasted for my long weekend in Sonora.

Should be fun [emoji1361]

Comment

Working...
                                X