X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Dang I forgot to post in the Cool
    Club thread.

Three Toms today for me and my hunting bud. Two this am. And one this evening.

He passed three more and I too looking for bigger birds this afternoon. They were reacting great to calls today. All birds killed over jake dekes with hen.

Two 10” beards... both with 1.25 spurs

One 10.25” with 3/4” spurs this afternoon.

Great day of Turkey hunting Smart, congrats amigo.

Comment

Not a sound in Wise County this morning. I thought it would be perfect conditions.

Comment

Cold and windy up this way this morning.Still managed to call in two that never made a peep. But we had a swing and a miss on the shot.

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Warm and calm here today. No dead birds this morning for Nick or I but holy hell what a show. I had three Toms including the longest bearded bird we had on camera within 50 yards but none would close. Frustrating as hell. The big one went over and kicked one of the other Toms *** though but let the jake have his girl. At one time I had three Toms drumming and spitting within ear shot and one was less than 10 yards from my blind but behind my popup. Crazy after the way the birds worked the jake over yesterday to see them
          hangup. It was a turkey standoff. Fun morning. ...but frustrating as well. .. Birds were super vocal

TBHer super sport shot a toad this am. 10.25” beard. 1.25” spurs. Helluva bird!

Last edited by Smart; 04-01-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Had a good morning yesterday in Lometa.
            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats guys! Great Birds

Comment

Even with us knocking 2 down this weekend, the birds are still acting funny.

Zero gobbling and mostly timid.

With that said, the bird we got yesterday morning flew down by himself and covered about 300 hundred yards to fight the DSD Jake. After some miscommunication between my buddy and I, he got em with his 28ga at 7 steps.

Today was spent with family and zero hunting. It’ll be a short work week with PoPo and I heading northwest to visit Smart.

We should make the afternoon hunt on Thursday. It’ll be a great weekend of hunting, eating, and BS’n!

Can’t wait

Comment

Fake Jake doin’ work!

Nicks afternoon kill! Humping the hen when he got the arra. Spined him and DRT. His 3 buddies killed the jake.

Those deeks tho!!! Hahahahaha

Comment

They work[emoji41]

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2018

After an incredible morning, this afternoon was a big thumbs down. Incredible what a difference a day makes. Saw two hens and heard two gobbles. Nick heard or saw neither. Great weekend though. I’ll be back on Wednesday to prep for JFT and PoPo.
                      Last edited by Smart; 04-01-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Fake Jake’s Head was scarless before Sat. He got worked over pretty good this weekend by 4 Toms..

Comment

Fake Jake’s Head was scarless before Sat. He got worked over pretty good this weekend by 4 Toms..

Dang!

Just a few more days til I’m blessed with all those BS stories between you and PoPo...it’ll get deep quick!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                            Dang!

Just a few more days til I’m blessed with all those BS stories between you and PoPo...it’ll get deep quick!

You misspelled Humper[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Back at them this weekend outside Rocksprings for a hunt my dad auctioned off to benefit the Austin Woods and Waters club. Hopefully the weather (wind) cooperates. I’m guiding. The following weekend will be spent either on a buddy’s place near Christoval or on a friend’s lease toward Menard. Hope to tag out in two weeks so I can get ready to chase mountain Merriam’s in New Mexico.

Comment

Heading out to the river bottom this afternoon, I'll post pics when I'm in and set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X