Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring break 97!

Comment

I went ice fishing one spring break in Ainsworth Nebraska. It actually turned into a good time, shooting guns, fishing, visiting the local tavern in town. Learned that walleye is delicious!

Comment

I live down close to the Island but the farm's spring planting and all the other stuff that a farm needs in spring doesnt mix with the island. Im allowed to party all I want late fall and winter.. Springtime the party is over. I remember 1 year where I tried to do both...didnt work. That was a lifetime ago

Comment

nice thing about college at LSU -- Florida was a short drive away.

For three years in a row, we took the boat, went fishing during the day and plucked them right out of the surf.

Comment

One year in college my roomates and I were totally broke and it looked like spring break was going to be just hanging out at the river in San Marcos drinking Milwaukee's Beasts. Friends all took off on Friday to Padre.

Saturday morning one of my roomates went out to get the mail. He comes running back into the apartment screaming his lungs out.

About a month before in a frat meeting the social chairman passed out Discover card applications to the group. Some deal where if he got 100 filled out Discover would give him $1000 so we could throw in an extra party.

They showed up that Saturday. $1,000 limits a piece. It was a sign. Took the 4 of us about 3 minutes to pack and we took off to Padre.

Coming home the next Saturday we stopped for gas. Only one of the 4 cards wasn't maxed out.

Stupid? Yes.

Worth it? Absolutely.

Comment

I have my kids at work all week. It sucks for them. There was a day and age when both parents didn't have to work. Thanks god my mom was a stay at home. I actually got a break.

Comment

Acapulco in 87, Port A in 88 Fort Lauderdale in 89, SPI in 90, Port A in 91. A lot of alcohol and stupid shenanigans went on. Some great times and unbelievable acts of stupidity, how we all survived will always amaze me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                  I live down close to the Island but the farm's spring planting and all the other stuff that a farm needs in spring doesnt mix with the island. Im allowed to party all I want late fall and winter.. Springtime the party is over. I remember 1 year where I tried to do both...didnt work. That was a lifetime ago
                  Always planting or attending the Mercedes livestock show.

Comment

Man o man of the Spring Breaks me and my buddies had in college. It was either Destin, Orange Beach or skiing in Colorado. Best times were going to beach for like 4-5 days and then strait to Nashville for SEC basketball tourney. About a 7 day drunk and lotsa credit card damage! Man I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Glad there is no evidence...that I know of. Chasing a buzz and women it just didn’t get any better back then. Glad I finally grew up. Now, What the hell am I gonna do about my 12yo daughter going on SB when she gets old enough and my 6yo twin boys

Comment

Working...
                    X