Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Spring break back in the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevie Ray Vaughn in Padre was about as good as it gets. Just wish I remembered more of it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember spring break as week of haying, seemed hot....

Comment

Did not have it in Louisiana growing up and in college..........I cant remember!!! LOL!!!

Comment

If there was ever a thread that needed pictures, this one is it. Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Yeah, we got a week off between the Winter and Spring quarters at Louisiana Tech. I always worked between quarters (as well as during the quarters). The only time I remember not working is when I was sick.

Never had any such thing in HS. I would have had to work then to (and did on weekends and summers).

But that was the 70's and early 80's.
            Last edited by grizzman; 03-13-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
              heck you guys were lucky! my spring breaks consisted of 40 hour days at the plant nursery cleaning and raking and working my *** off for a 1.00 sprite out of the vending machine a day. and that was only 10-15 years ago and it didn't matter the weather!~
              40 hrs? I remember my first part-time job [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Spring Break only meant I got to work five full days at my part-time job...'

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  40 hrs? I remember my first part-time job [emoji106]

Lol this

Comment

I thought it was a bit later in March when I was a kid. Seems we had warmer weather when we went to Port A. It is a beautiful My College kids went to Galveston for a few days. I doubt they will get in the water. Too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                      If there was ever a thread that needed pictures, this one is it. Pics or it didn't happen.
                      That evidence got destroyed a long time ago [emoji1]

Comment

March 10, 1984. Louie’s Backyard. South Padre Island. Met good looking blonde from UT. 38 years later we are on spring break with 2 of 3 kids, skiing! Same time frame.
                        Last edited by bklem; 03-13-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

In the 80's only strippers had tramp stamps
                          Now days it might be hard to find someone with out a bad tattoo
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            March 10, 1984. Louieā€™s Backyard. South Padre Island. Met good looking blonde from UT. 38 years later we are on spring break with 2 of 3 kids, skiing! Same time frame.
                            I have a friend Larry, he worked for the State and he would take a 2 week vacation and go to S Padre and work at Louis's backyard. He knew the owner and he would make a ton of money. He was there when you were.

Comment

Running with the devil a little Van Halen

Comment

I head to Port A tomorrow with a group of buddies. Some of our lady friends own a resort house on the beach down there. Excited to see what unfolds is an understatement!

Comment

Working...
                                X