What Size Trolling Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    The biggest you can afford. I have the 110 and there have been days it struggle.
    This is very much true. I would rather have to much power than not enough on windy days.

Comment

I had a 55lb 12v on a 16' jon boat and it was good until the wind blew. I now have a 112lb 36v on a 21' bay boat and it does well.

Comment

80 24v on my 23ft gulf coast. Does fine but yes I kick myself for not going to the 110. Only use it in surf and when working birds, rest of time we wade.

Comment

Something else to consider the more you run your trolling motor on or near high to keep you in position, the quicker your batteries are gonna die. For example with mine in normal winds I can fish most time 2 days before I'm down because they are operating at less than 25%. If I had say an 80lb it would almost half. Also buy the longest shaft you can if your fishing open deep water , such as Striper fishing. My next TM will be the Kota Ultrex , 112 lb with 60" shaft
          Last edited by BrandonA; 03-13-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I bought stealth battery charger my batteries charge back up when I idle. So far when I come home my batteries have been fully charged

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              I bought stealth battery charger my batteries charge back up when I idle. So far when I come home my batteries have been fully charged
              I've thought about that. Do you have yours dedicated to only your TM batteries or all Batteries ?

Comment

All and it works great. It will charge 4 batteries I bought ac DC pack

Comment

All and it works great. It will charge 4 batteries I bought ac DC pack
                  I have 6 total. Three house and three dedicated to trolling motor. Can it charge that many

Comment

I don't think so. **** that's a lot of batteries. I don't have alot of room I put 3 big garmins on my boat last year and was getting low voltage on my units now I run all 31 batteries seem to fix my problem. The owner at stealth is really awesome to talk to he could help you I know easy to get ahold of too

Comment

How long is your boat

Comment

I don't think so. **** that's a lot of batteries. I don't have alot of room I put 3 big garmins on my boat last year and was getting low voltage on my units now I run all 31 batteries seem to fix my problem. The owner at stealth is really awesome to talk to he could help you I know easy to get ahold of too
                        Yeah it is. RileyTime is a 24'10 Century inshore CC. T-Top lights, radios, fish finder accessories need juice. On of the 3 house is the emergency battery to get you home.

Comment

This has a s perko to switch to trolling batteries to crank outboard if house gets low

Comment

Motorguide Great White saltwater series, and asked powerfull as can get.

Comment

This has a s perko to switch to trolling batteries to crank outboard if house gets low
                              Good feature

Comment

So you have 2 chargers

Comment

Working...
                                X