X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless TBH

Comment

Movie had a good script but a crappy ending.

Comment

Michael,

What was the angle if you do mind expanding & how did we (be it tbh or Brandon) realize the sucker punch?? I know there was some interest in helping monetarily, but I don't recall seeing a reappearing gofundme or other being harped over & over for requested donations. I do not understand where member texas tornado falls into all of this if 'Jenn' is a charade. I hope I'm not pushing this too far, but still a little confused on the connections.

No ill will here & am inline with Charlie...I trust the little I'm out will ultimately have God's Word placed where it needs to be. In my experience, God always turns these uncomfortable situations into closure leading to His glory. I'm hanging my hat on this.

I'm mostly worried about Brandon & concerned he is unnecessarily beating himself up for all the emotion & time he poured into this...<><

Paul

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        It appears that we have all been "duped" regarding a purported illness to one of our members, although to what extent and for what reason still remains to be determined.

First, this is a rapidly developing situation, so please be patient while we attempt to sort it all out.

Secondly, although this has impacted almost all of us, it is a VERY sensitive situation for a few that were closest to it and fully emotionally invested, and I ask that you would be respectful of those members by not making light of the events that have transpired over the last few weeks. One member, specifically, is likely devastated that he may have been used to unknowing propagate the deception.

Please also note that "Jennifer" (who likely seems to be a "character" in the charade) is NOT a member of this site, and specifically PLEASE do not confuse her with our long time and highly respected Nurse Jenn.

We have been monitoring the thread for some time due to some "red flags" that were raised as the "story" unfolded, but we attempted to remain sensitive to the explanations that, in theory, could be deemed reasonable. This was the reason we have "tabled" any discussion of fundraisers, auctions, etc. until we could vet the validity of the situation and determine a true need.

We will attempt to update the situation as it unfolds, but I suspect we may never get the real truth as to whether this has been an exaggeration or a full blown fabrication and what was the motivation behind it.

Let me point out again, this is a serious and sensitive issue for the site and many of our members. I'm going to ask you to refrain from "snarky" comments, "I told you so's" and "sly" references.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is absolute crap! I feel for everyone emotionally invested in this that was used.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob
            Sounds to me like you should have.
            My posts might’ve made me out to be the ******* that I am, so I refrained.

Comment

Very sad.

Comment

Did anyone give her money? If so report it.

Comment

Proves a couple of things: There are bad people everywhere, and some of the best people in the world hang out on this site. Continued prayers for all involved.

Comment

**** me running........ soooo sorry

Comment

big thanks going out to chew! he is a man of vision.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky
                        I’m surprised it took so many so long to see through this charade. I apologize if I seem to be insensitive, but people have been my business my whole life, and my ability to read them has become quite accute.
                        There are many who smelled something odd but didn’t say anything because if you questioned the story and your hunch was wrong, the consequences were not worth it. The love and the faith that people displayed through this was incredible.

Comment

My granddad always told me it was always better to try and do good in a bad situation and let the person practicing deceit have the bad on their conscience. PRAYERS ARE NEVER WASTED!!! I am absolutely sure there was at least one person who read that thread that was needing to see that there are still good caring people in the world. It definitely gave me hope in my fellow man

Comment

This truly shows what TBH is all about. I spent hours on this thread reading and praying as well as everyone else. This site still amazes me how we all come together! It is terrible that someone would do this. We stepped up like we always do and got taken advantage of. That's ok, God still see's the good hearted people here and what we do! Saltwater Slick you are a prayer warrior! You can pray for me or family anytime!

Comment

Prayers for all involved. Really bad deal for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                There are many who smelled something odd but didn’t say anything because if you questioned the story and your hunch was wrong, the consequences were not worth it. The love and the faith that people displayed through this was incredible.
                                This was my thoughts

Comment

Working...
                                X