No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been in a few weeks, its usually slow for me up there this time of year.

I'm going to make a run up this weekend do a little hunting and put out minerals for late season, they usually get back on the mineral late December. Hoping they may get on the feeders the last few weeks of season especially with hardly any acorns on the ground this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Came across these the other day. Supposed to be bear resistant. May pick one up to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I Actually just made it up here literally right now. Staying at the budget inn again in antlers. Took a week off to just hunt except for few phone meetings here and there in the middle of the day. Hoping the bucks will still be moving in daylight and potentially a little more predictable- keying up on the food sources. Haven't been up since around the first week in November so anxious to check cameras and spend some time in the woods. Changing my strategy this time around and going to jump around a little more doing hang and hunts- hopefully keeping the element of surprise on my side. We will see either way I'm just happy to get out of Dallas/the house and be in the woods for a week. Always nice to be in the woods and clear the mind of the day to day. I will keep you guys up to date on how it goes. Planning on staying in the woods as many hours as possible. Will hunt till noon tomorrow and then about 230 to dark. The days I don't have to do calls I will pack a lunch and sit all day. I also was wondering if anyone knew of where I could buy some rice bran near antlers? Ive never tried it and wanted to put some out. Good Luck to anyone that gets out this week or weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
          Do any of you lease from Rick Story? Saw a few lease postings from him recently. If so any issues or anything I need to be aware of.

He seems to be a lease property manager. Not sure how I feel about that....

Rick is legit. We leased the property we hunt this year from
          Rick. He's good to deal with and helps however he can.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt! I literally ran to my stand this morning after the drive from Denton. I already whacked a hog and it’s drizzling. Hoping to follow same strategy as you and I agree on food sources. My food plot looks like a putting green......well of putting greens had a million rocks in them. Gonna hunt until 10 then check cameras and get wood stove going. Let y’all know if I see any deer. Oh, not sure if feed store on west side of town has it but Atwood’s in Hugo does but it’s a bit of a drive.

Comment

No matter how much I tried to get up last week I just couldn't break away. With the wife's visit to the Dr and follow up not going as well as hoped. Looking like my season is over unless I can squeeze a trip in the last week of the season but not looking good. Wife will have eye surgery on Monday to repair a macular hole in her right eye so I will be off all week with her next week. Could be two to six months before she gets vision back in that eye. Don't know if I can justify a trip at that point.

Well at least I put meat in the freezer this year already.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                No matter how much I tried to get up last week I just couldn't break away. With the wife's visit to the Dr and follow up not going as well as hoped. Looking like my season is over unless I can squeeze a trip in the last week of the season but not looking good. Wife will have eye surgery on Monday to repair a macular hole in her right eye so I will be off all week with her next week. Could be two to six months before she gets vision back in that eye. Don't know if I can justify a trip at that point.

Man, I’m sorry to hear this. Prayers for her, doctors and your family. I hope you can make one more trip but it’s understandable. Sending one up for y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                  Came across these the other day. Supposed to be bear resistant. May pick one up to try out.

We are giving up feeding this year from April through September, even with bear proof feeders they still camp out under the feeder and keep the deer away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                    Good luck on your hunt! I literally ran to my stand this morning after the drive from Denton. I already whacked a hog and it’s drizzling. Hoping to follow same strategy as you and I agree on food sources. My food plot looks like a putting green......well of putting greens had a million rocks in them. Gonna hunt until 10 then check cameras and get wood stove going. Let y’all know if I see any deer. Oh, not sure if feed store on west side of town has it but Atwood’s in Hugo does but it’s a bit of a drive.
                    I was skunked today but was late getting in this afternoon and few minutes late this morning. Did a hang and hunt in new spot and put out some hand feed . Hoping it gets better in next day or so as high pressure comes through and as they key up on feed. I have a few kill plots ill probably try too. Good Luck and keep us up to date!

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post

So sorry to hear about your Wife! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Comment

Hunted this morning and this evening saw a big hog right at first light that I couldn't get a shot off on. Then changed spots and did a hang and hunt. Had one deer come from behind me on ridge from direction I didn't expect- downwind of course and winded me. That was it for deer. Heard some turkeys roost nearby and could hear the hogs going nuts across the creek. Ive gotta kill some of these hogs- they ate 40lbs of feed overnight at another spot . Here is picture of set I hunted this evening
                        Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife BG. Wishing her a speedy recovery. I’ve seen a few deer since Thursday. Two small bucks and three doe. The hogs are running them off of every place that isn’t fenced, soooo I had to shoot three of them. At least I have plenty of pork now but it did cost me two arrows. Thinking of taking the 5.56 suppresses long bow out this evening. Those arrows are cheaper.....ha. On a side note, Kelly is back at the Bent Tree Grill up past Cloudy. If y’all haven’t had one of her ribeyes, you’re missing out. This rain isn’t helping things.

Comment

Trying to decide if I go up next weekend. Last year in Dec nothing was moving.

Anyone seeing bucks move during the day.

Comment

[QUOTE=mww982;13837147]Do any of you lease from Rick Story? Saw a few lease postings from him recently. If so any issues or anything I need to be aware of.

What is the lease rate and where are these leases?

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                                Trying to decide if I go up next weekend. Last year in Dec nothing was moving.

Anyone seeing bucks move during the day.

In the same boat as you. May go up to put up a feeder but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X