X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the youths got it done!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a great thread and looking to learn a few things about hunting SE OK. I am heading up to Atoka County tomorrow morning to lay eyes on some land the wife and I are hoping to purchase. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Congrats to the young man! Killing deer in these mountains is an accomplishment. Doing at a young age says something.

We had three sits about an hour North of you at our place in Haskell County. We saw nothing but does moving in daylight. Same for FIL hunting East of Nashoba.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

Nice job dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Couldn't hunt this weekend as I had meetings pushed back to Saturday afternoon unfortunately. Made the trek up today to feed and check cameras and drove right back. Didn't even have time to hunt the evening as I was late getting up there. Just got home a few minutes ago actually. One of the cameras that I had high hopes for somehow got knocked off the tree. I threw some seed down at this spot last time I was there on the 7th and was happy to see lush green grass about 4 inches tall. Fixed the camera so hopefully can track whats going on in that spot now. Checked the camera furthest into the woods over a lot of tough terrain(sits against a creek and tall bluff behind it) and had tons of photos mainly does and a cpl small bucks except for one of the bucks that showed up is an a absolute stud!! Showed up 10/10 and 10:14am . Wish I had more recent photos of him but super happy to see a buck of this caliber 17 yards from my tree in daylight. If I would guess ide say he is dabbling with or in the 160s and is maybe 5 1/2. Love to hear everyones opinion on score estimate. I have hard time judging score from trail cam photos . Not that I particularly care about the score but just think it helps keep track of estimated sizes. Just snapped these photos on my cell phone in the woods and put sd card back. 90% of photos in this spot were daylight photos but think ide only shoot a big buck here as the drag out would be insane and no way to get a 4 wheeler in there.

Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

mtnbucks, that is a fine one! i agree with the age and score. i hope you get to drag him out.

Comment

Great looking deer! Another example of why we hunt these hills!

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Going through woods withdrawals.....need to get up there but looks like it won't be until the first weekend of November.

Comment

Headed up to Caddo this weekend! We've got some good ones on camera again this year. Hopefully they'll be moving during the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcav View Post
                      This is a great thread and looking to learn a few things about hunting SE OK. I am heading up to Atoka County tomorrow morning to lay eyes on some land the wife and I are hoping to purchase. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.
                      About 6 months ago my wife and I bought some land in Choctaw County, and I can tell you this..don't hesitate on the purchasing the property if you like it and it's within your price range. My wife and I had multiple places we liked that were under contract faster than we could go look at it.

Buying land up there was the best decision we have made. We love going out to the ranch that we own!

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                        mtnbucks, that is a fine one! i agree with the age and score. i hope you get to drag him out.
                        Yea I hope so too! I literally am loosing sleep over this deer! I can't stand not being in the woods! Hoping to head out tomorrow night and hunt through Monday . There were some very large buck tracks near the top of the ridge on old logging road that were extremely fresh... I could also see the doe tracks so they must be starting to follow does. I have go to meetings Thursday Friday and Saturday but they are all in the middle of the day so hoping wifi is working well at the budget inn and I can work from there

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                          Great looking deer! Another example of why we hunt these hills!

Thank you for sharing.
                          I was happily surprised to see him on camera ... I think I had to make a double take or two. If I have opportunity to harvest him and I am successful it will probably not only be my largest deer to date but also the most rewarding after all the work/scouting I've done on the property by myself and just the relentless terrain that these bucks live in. I almost feel like they are ghost bucks. They are there one day and gone the next. Good luck to anyone that gets out this week or over the weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                            About 6 months ago my wife and I bought some land in Choctaw County, and I can tell you this..don't hesitate on the purchasing the property if you like it and it's within your price range. My wife and I had multiple places we liked that were under contract faster than we could go look at it.

Buying land up there was the best decision we have made. We love going out to the ranch that we own!

This^^^^^

Truth

Comment

We submitted an offfer we expect to be accepted yesterday on 305 beautiful acres in Atoka County. Saying our prayers and I will keep everyone up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcav View Post
                                We submitted an offfer we expect to be accepted yesterday on 305 beautiful acres in Atoka County. Saying our prayers and I will keep everyone up to date.

That’s tremendous! Praying for favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X