No announcement yet.

Lawn Mower: best bang for the buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look hard, you'll notice that just about everything under $500 has the same Briggs or non-commercial Honda engine, and a few with Chinese knockoffs.

Commercial mowers have their place, namely for running all day, being thrown in and out of trailers, or being used by abusive workers. However, for a small "city lot", most $200 mowers would bag/mulch just fine, and last you 5-10 years, easy.

Get what you want, but I just wanted to jump in and let you know that you don't need a $1200 Exmark with a Kawasaki to mow 30 minutes a week for 5 months a year, befor someone makes that suggestion...

Comment

Honda as well. Check your Home Depots as they usually have some clearance mowers. Got mine new in the box for $100 cheaper than the one on the shelf. It was "last years model"

Comment

Found a new Honda for $350 so I jumped on it

Comment

I own a mower shop and don’t even sell Honda Push mowers, but that is the way to go for sure!

Comment

Sams club has a self propelled mower with a Honda engine for under $300 if I remember right

Comment

Every Honda I have owned have torn up. The motor will last, but the self propel will give out. The transmissions go bad, then you 'll find out a new transmission for one is just as much as a new mower. If I ever buy a Honda again it will be the commercial one, push mow. If u buy one new make sure to register it w your warranty card

Comment

Nothing with a Briggs & Stratton engine!

Only Honda or Toro machines.

Comment

Hope your wife enjoys it.

Comment

I have a walk behing greens mower for sale. Promise its the most bang for your bucks!

Comment

Its in the classifieds

Comment

I owned a Toro for years and it severed me well. When the wheel fell off I just started leaving money on the back porch and it gets done every week.

Comment

Working...
                        X