No announcement yet.

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't attend college at Tech (too close to home and got almost a full ride elsewhere), but I have always been a Tech fan. Grew up in the Lubbock area and spent many a day at TTU football, basketball, and baseball games. Mom even works for TTU. Hope Coach Beard and his team make a good run. Baseball team is absolutely killing it right now!

Comment

Go Red Raiders !!! Class of 1970

Comment

I’m actually going to care about March madness this year, and college baseball! Wreck ‘Em!!

Comment

Guns Up!!! Wife and I are both Class of '95

Comment

I've also been watching the NFL combine and Tech is represented as well. Reminded me of Zack Thomas wondering how he did? Bet not the fastest linebacker but oh how he excelled as a pro! Heart and desire overcome.....that's what I love about our Basketball team this year...they just don't give up!!

Comment

Wreck Em!!

Comment

Guns up!!!

Comment

2002 Grad here. I am a Tech fanatic. Attended almost every home game, ATM and UT game from when we graduated until 2011 when our first daughter was born. Wreck 'Em!!!!

Comment

Got one graduated last year and now on to law school and still have one wrecking em ! Go TECH

Comment

Graduated in 2015. Worst decision they have made is hire Kliff. Wish they would run him off so we could go back to winning football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my BBA from SHSU and MS from TTU, '01. I loved TTU football while Mike Leach was running the football program. What a transformation it was to see the Spike Dikes era transition into the Mike Leach show. Went to all of the home games for the two years while I was a student at TTU. Kliff Kingbury was a heck of a QB and showed tremendous potential as a coach prior to being named TTU's head coach. At the time I said it was too early. I honestly feel that hiring him was a marketing ploy by the powers at be to try to make up for firing Leach and trying to stop the bleeding from the Tubberville nightmare. Firing Mike Leach was total horse"+>* and everyone knows it. I hope the goons who fired him are happy with where our football program is current day. Who knows what would have happened if Leach were still coaching at Tech. That whole thing but a really bad taste in my mouth as far as the football program goes, I still can't really get into following the team like I did.

TTU baseball is awesome. Really like Coach Tadlock and what he's done with the program. It was really hard last year when SHSU and Tech played twice in the Lubbock regional. Talk about being torn on who to pull for. Loved both teams. I'm hoping TTU and SHSU both make serious runs at Omaha this year.

TTU basketball has been great this year. I'm not a BB guy but I've gotten into watching this team. I watch every game that is televised. I will be watching the in the tournament this year.

Loved my time at TTU very much. Great school and awesome experience all the way around.

Comment

Hocutt locked Beard in with a 6 yr, $19 million contract

Comment

Guns Up! The mrs and I both class of 90.

Comment

Wooooooo Hoooooooo.

Wreck em Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                Hocutt locked Beard in with a 6 yr, $19 million contract
                                Didn't know this!! I've heard this season and Beard's reputation is already creating a stir for recruiting. I believe a top 40 prospect has already said he's committing to the Raiders?

Football?? Disappointed like so many but the defense seems to be improving? To me it seems the coach needs to be a coach and not so much a friend?? Don't know but have hopes someday we will get back to winning!!

Comment

Working...
                                X