Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Fixed it for you. Cliff will be a good HC in a few years. He needs to get a few years experience under multiple different good head coaches (not sumlin) then go back to being a HC.
    Heard he might be going withMac Brown to North Carolina.

Comment

Bring back Mike Leach!!

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
        Bring back Mike Leach!!
        I don’t see that happening.

Comment

I really like Leach and what he did for Tech and college football but I would like to see some new blood. They have to be able to recruit the 3 star players and get JUCO, and coach up the players no one else wanted. Not sure who that person should be or will be. Tech has been really fortunate in the other sports baseball and basketball lately to bring in former players or coaches to turn those programs around. It has been awesome to see the baseball program take off and the basketball team become relevant. It would be nice to see the football program be competitive again as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Listened to 105.3 The Fan in our DFW market earlier today. They were having a conversation about Kliff replacing the Cowboy's OC...Linehan, as a natural fit to get the offense more open AND a Coach who could develop Dak.

I would really like to see this happen...replace the OC, the "limited experienced" QB coach! My prediction is Kliff will find a place in the NFL...time will tell!!

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
              Don Williams at the Lubbock Avalance Journal is reporting Leach is open to coming back and some well heeled alumni will bank roll it.
              Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
              Completely and respectfully disagree. Don does a great job.
              Leach was quoted yesterday saying “pay him for 2009 first and we will talk.” Still think Don is an accurate reporter, because that contradicts the salacious piece he wrote from the day before.

Comment

I’m an Aggie (bachelors of science) but went on to tech to finish my formal education for another 4yrs. I’ve struggled with calling myself a raider but after being in Lubbock for 2.5yrs I’m very happy with this place. It’s not Aggieland but I’m proud to wear some Tech stuff and support the School.

So I kinda consider myself a Red Raider.

Comment

Here’s a pic from when I was re-enlisting one of the guys on the 50yrd line. This was a cool experience. Guns up to the Tech Athletic department for supporting us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Leach was quoted yesterday saying “pay him for 2009 first and we will talk.” Still think Don is an accurate reporter, because that contradicts the salacious piece he wrote from the day before.
                    I think Leach is happy at WSU because its such a great fit for him. I think his name is floated out there just so he can continue to sing his message about Tech not paying him. Depending on who is left in the athletic department / administration I doubt they could ever bury the sword to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      I’m an Aggie (bachelors of science) but went on to tech to finish my formal education for another 4yrs. I’ve struggled with calling myself a raider but after being in Lubbock for 2.5yrs I’m very happy with this place. It’s not Aggieland but I’m proud to wear some Tech stuff and support the School.

Congrats on the up-grade!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

Times may have changed since I moved up here in 1975, but to this day I will not ever support Tech because of the way my wife and I were treated by what were so called Tech fans when they learned we both graduated from A&M. We were ridiculed, laughed at and at times cussed at because we had A&M gear on around town. My hatred was inspired by Tech fans and it has not died!

Comment

I'm a Red Raider living in Austin. Whenever I attend a Tech / Longhorn game in Austin I wear red & black so it's obvious whose team I am rooting for. I always get various not so polite things said to me before, during & after each game. I understand many of these people are intoxicated & it's a football game. Mudslinger, to still have such hatred from an experience you had in 1975 is unfortunate. I feel sorry something like that has effected you & your wife so severely. Just curious, did y'all vote for Beto?

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
                            I'm a Red Raider living in Austin. Whenever I attend a Tech / Longhorn game in Austin I wear red & black so it's obvious whose team I am rooting for. I always get various not so polite things said to me before, during & after each game. I understand many of these people are intoxicated & it's a football game. Mudslinger, to still have such hatred from an experience you had in 1975 is unfortunate. I feel sorry something like that has effected you & your wife so severely. Just curious, did y'all vote for Beto?
                            It did not just happen in 1975, it went on for quiet a few years and no these were not drunk fans at a game, these things happened at places around town. and NO, I did not and would not EVER vote for Butthole Beto. Why in the hell would you think i would vote for him?

Comment

Let's get back on track here. Everyone has had bad experiences in different college towns. I know I've had my fair share but I do not write off an entire fan base or school because of it.

Any news today on the coaching search? Neal Brown of Troy seems to be a name I continue to see with Holgerson as an outside chance if they can pry him away.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                                Let's get back on track here. Everyone has had bad experiences in different college towns. I know I've had my fair share but I do not write off an entire fan base or school because of it.

Any news today on the coaching search? Neal Brown of Troy seems to be a name I continue to see with Holgerson as an outside chance if they can pry him away.
                                Holgerson is at the top along with the guy that coached Tech's Holcutt at K State.

Comment

Working...
                                X