No announcement yet.

Texas Tech Fan's Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THINKING that THE PIRATE would tell em to kiss his royal arse .
    He is back on TOP at WASH STATE … NO REASON TO CONSIDER Tt

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post

I also think that most TTU fans, myself included, could and should care less about keeping the air raid alive. If wining games consistently means crawling across the goal line, so be it.
      I think this is the biggest question the AD has to answer. Is he going to stick to the Air Raid system (the players are there) and go find a coach that runs it or go in a different direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        Sonny Cumbie
        Just fired a former QB so do not think they will go that route again. I would be shocked if they do.

Comment

Agreed with this. We need a head coach and a OC like Cumbie.

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Just fired a former QB so do not think they will go that route again. I would be shocked if they do.

Comment

Tech needs to look towards Italy

Comment

As an alumni I personally don’t want Briles there, the man allowed sexual assaults by his players and didn’t do a thing about it plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                There has always been rumors of the skeletons in his closet will keep him from getting a head job or maybe hold it up a little. I have no idea if this is true, but this comes up every time his name comes up.

Maybe he is waiting on K-State to open too.
                Venables and AD Hocutt were roommates and teammates at K-State, so there is that connection. Hocutt’s endorsement could overcome any “skeletons” ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                  As an alumni I personally don’t want Briles there, the man allowed sexual assaults by his players and didn’t do a thing about it plain and simple.
                  The court of public opinion has made up their own stories about Briles. Players he recruited committed terrible acts. The guilty ones are in jail and should be. Every reporter in Texas and most law inforcement agencys were all over this story. If there was any evidence that Briles helped cover up a crime, it would be easy for you to find it online and post it here. Plus he would have been charged.

He ran a loose program and recruited players with issues in their past. For that he was fired, which is what should have happened. He is not the law and has no juridiction over criminal investigations. He should have had a tighter grip on the off field life of his players, but there is no evidence that he tried to cover up any of the sexual assaults.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    The court of public opinion has made up their own stories about Briles. Players he recruited committed terrible acts. The guilty ones are in jail and should be. Every reporter in Texas and most law inforcement agencys were all over this story. If there was any evidence that Briles helped cover up a crime, it would be easy for you to find it online and post it here. Plus he would have been charged.

He ran a loose program and recruited players with issues in their past. For that he was fired, which is what should have happened. He is not the law and has no juridiction over criminal investigations. He should have had a tighter grip on the off field life of his players, but there is no evidence that he tried to cover up any of the sexual assaults.
                    He sent his son, and other staff members to talk women out of reporting rapes by his players...repeatedly, so they could play football. That's harboring rapists in my book. To hell with Art Briles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      He sent his son, and other staff members to talk women out of reporting rapes by his players...repeatedly, so they could play football. That's harboring rapists in my book. To hell with Art Briles.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

I did not see any where anybody posted that he did. But as you said he ran a "loose program" where his players raped or sexually assaulted numerous women at Baylor, that is fact.

He is a good, if not great coach, but I would not want him at Tech.
                        Last edited by Killer; 11-26-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                          I feel the same way. I don think he covered it up, I think he kept his distance so that he had plausible deniability.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            I feel the same way. I don think he covered it up, I think he kept his distance so that he had plausible deniability.
                            Yep pretty much my thoughts while I agree with y’all that he didn’t try to cover it up. But he did turn a blind eye to it and that’s the same thing to me. I straight up don’t want him at Tech and I think the administration would be selling their souls if they did.

Comment

ive got my fingers crossed for Holgerson
                              I like his fire on the sideline
                              hes had success in LBK before and I think the community and alumni would be happy to have him
                              apparently him and the wv rarely see eye to eye
                              money talks.... we shall see

Comment

Wv ad*

Comment

Working...
                                X