What was this teacher thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
    Men and women process things differently...
    Certainly not saying she is in the right, but it is not the same.
    Please discuss.

Comment

I call B'S. He may have been smoking weed but . . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice lol

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
          No sir survey says your 2 for 2 hitting the nail on the head in this thread [emoji6]b

All mine had names and physics like Miss Freightliner here [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Boy, no joke! I remember having just 3 or 4 pretty teachers in 12 years of school. Maybe

Comment

#metoo

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I don’t get the double standard either. I’ve called it out her and on other threads, very much a minority in this thinking.
              Our nation's moral compass is demagnetized. It just spins with the wind. There's no concept of true north anymore.

Comment

What was this teacher thinking?

Good looking but something a little off in her head having sex with a 8th grade lil boy. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  No doubt, livid po'd wouldn't even start to touch on what I'd be feeling because you know the hubby's been getting the star-fish treatment in their own bed.
                  You know it!!!!!

Comment

"Yea, OK, I'll do it, but first you have to tell me where you caught that fish." Seriously, there is a double standard when it comes to this and a million other things. Just accept it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Well, he was smoking weed.
                      8th grader smoking weed....bright future

Comment

I don’t get the double standard either. I’ve called it out her and on other threads, very much a minority in this thinking.
                        Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        Please discuss.
                        Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Our nation's moral compass is demagnetized. It just spins with the wind. There's no concept of true north anymore.
                        I think the point these guys are trying to make is the effect this has on the minor. In girls it is almost always traumatizing, causing potential life long problems, resulting in a victim. In boys it is generally just part of life and has little effect, resulting in next to no trauma and not causing life long problems, resulting in the potential of no real victim.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, just trying to explain their point of view on it.

I CAN say with certainty, if I was that 14 year old boy I would probably be more traumatized about losing it than having it. Whether she was 14 or 35 it didn't matter to me at 14, I just wanted to experience and learn as much as possible. Again, that was me at 14, others were different, but I was full of hormones and looking for an outlet.

Comment

You honestly think something like that will have no lasting effect on a young man? Do you think he'll be more or less likely to be a good husband and father down the road as a result of smoking weed and having sex with his married teacher and then being high-fived for it? What is that teaching him?

Comment

Where was she at when I was 14?

Comment

Predators process things identically regardless of gender, the motive may differ

I don’t disagree there’s something jacked up in her head, but I’d love to see some type of study on long-term effects of girls vs. boys in this situation. My totally uneducated guess is that it would be different, and I think that’s probably why we look at it differently.

Comment

Predators process things identically regardless of gender, the motive may differ
                                Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Please discuss.
                                I agree with the predator side completely. I think that she should be held to the same standards as if it were a man who engaged in relations with a 14yo girl. She should be sent to prison and have to register as a sex offender.

I am simple trying to outline the difference between how men and women are affected over time by relationships like this. A lot of it has to do with expectations, whether conscious or not.
                                Men are driven by reproductive instincts MUCH more strongly than woman. Therefor, when this kid gets older the only thing he will likely regret is having told anyone. He received pleasure from the relationship and fulfilled a biological need. He didn't expect anything more from the relationship. From a biological sense, he got a good deal. As seen by responses on this thread, he becomes the top dog, his confidence is boosted, and he actually has more success with other girls because of this experience. Whereas, if this was flipped and an older man was having consensual relations with a young girl, the girl would likely have deep psychological issues as a result. The girl more than likely saw the man as a strong/powerful and protective figure who truly cared about her (thus the attraction and then ultimate betrayal), the sex was something he (the perpetrator) wanted and she only obliges to please him. After it ends, she is dragged into court, becomes socially shamed (which only compounds her own personal shame and self-hatred), and castigates herself from most social situations. Things progress in a snowball affect leaving her with long term and deep issues.

Again, I am in no way attempting to exonerate this teachers actions and I realize things like this vary on a case by case basis. Have young men been deeply affected by things like this? Of course. I am just trying to outline the general physiological differences and how they play out over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X