No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent a few days last week on a ranch near Guerrero, Coahuila. Crossed Colombia coming and going. No problems at all on Highway 2. The only thing out of the ordinary was a military helicopter buzzing ranches in the area. They landed on a neighboring ranch and we visited with them for a bit. All was good.

Comment

Originally posted by jclaybennett View Post
      Spent a few days last week on a ranch near Guerrero, Coahuila. Crossed Colombia coming and going. No problems at all on Highway 2. The only thing out of the ordinary was a military helicopter buzzing ranches in the area. They landed on a neighboring ranch and we visited with them for a bit. All was good.
      We spoke with the helicopter too when they landed to check one of my hunters out. He was in an ordinary truck. They saw me in an obvious hunting truck and kept going. Marines were on patrol in the neighborhood along with the helicopter. All polite . The helicopter circled our camp and after my wife gave them the evil eye they headed for safer environments.

Comment

For anyone that pays for dozer/maintainer work what’s “average” rate.. i know there are some variables but just trying to get ballpark

Comment

Within the last 2 years we paid about $45/hr for motorgrader work and about $85/hr for dozer work. Dozer was a D7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
            Within the last 2 years we paid about $45/hr for motorgrader work and about $85/hr for dozer work. Dozer was a D7.

Thank you

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                My most dangerous Mexico encounter of 2018.

Happy New Years Boys and Girls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  OK You talked me into it.. When we going??
                  I've felt sideways like this after such dangerous encounters

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                    My most dangerous Mexico encounter of 2018.

Happy New Years Boys and Girls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                    I felt sideways like this after such dangerous encounters

Comment

May be interested in 2 spots in Ol Mexico for the upcoming year any info or leads would be appreciated..

Comment

Originally posted by Coondog View Post
                        May be interested in 2 spots in Ol Mexico for the upcoming year any info or leads would be appreciated..

I might have some next season. But won’t know for sure until the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post

Do you have any contact info for dozer, wanting to make some senderos and clean up some roads, thks.

Comment

Went to look at two ranches or pastures about 10 miles the other side of blank. It was a beautiful morning and deer were scrambling everywhere I drove. The pastures seemed huge and the leasing terms were very reasonable. The bad...there is a nearby bridge washed out, traffic diverted...lots of cuts in fences throughout the ranch with a ton of vehicle tracks everywhere. I drove up to two boyeez armed with cut off AKs in the center of the ranch. We saw each other at the same time so I decided the opportunity to turn around had passed. I decided to have a conversation with them. They were very polite. They were slightly amused at the gringo asking so many questions. I never felt threatened but I wonder if this is the new normal for me

Comment

Maybe the bridge will be repaired soon meantime I will keep looking,I would like to find a pasture with zero traffic rolling through low fence. Low profile house not picky just not visible prefered.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                Went to look at two ranches or pastures about 10 miles the other side of blank. It was a beautiful morning and deer were scrambling everywhere I drove. The pastures seemed huge and the leasing terms were very reasonable. The bad...there is a nearby bridge washed out, traffic diverted...lots of cuts in fences throughout the ranch with a ton of vehicle tracks everywhere. I drove up to two boyeez armed with cut off AKs in the center of the ranch. We saw each other at the same time so I decided the opportunity to turn around had passed. I decided to have a conversation with them. They were very polite. They were slightly amused at the gringo asking so many questions. I never felt threatened but I wonder if this is the new normal for me
                                You should really brush up on your wave an keep going technique

Comment

Working...
                                X