No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niether one of you was there. He was told repeatedly not to pick up the camera. Its my fault it wasnt put away. I should have made it stay in a bag where he couldnt get to it. I would have had to grab it out of his hands toss it out the window and run over it. Im not changing ranches cause of rules or protein either that was a poor joke maybe. Its obvious no one expected this much activity around Hidalgo during deer season. Thats not my fault

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaTex View Post
      Left pipeline road off hwy 1 this morning at 7am. Everything was just fine. Except and overturned 18 wheeler on hwy 1.
      Border line to get out of mexico is fine.
      MontanaTex-
      Was that you in the white Super Duty this morning? We may have been like 100yds behind you at that very same time! We were all on our way back from Lampazos, and saw that accident! Myself and the group I was with actually stopped to check on the driver and he was nowhere to be seen!? It was very eerie! We all got the heck outta there pretty quick after that.

Comment

Originally posted by MexHunter7STW View Post
        MontanaTex-
        Was that you in the white Super Duty this morning? We may have been like 100yds behind you at that very same time! We were all on our way back from Lampazos, and saw that accident! Myself and the group I was with actually stopped to check on the driver and he was nowhere to be seen!? It was very eerie! We all got the heck outta there pretty quick after that.
        No.
        We were in Black F150 and Blue Chevy 2500. Just in front of the white super duty. We didnt stop b/c sometimes those are set ups. B/t ranch and border we do not stop unless military check point.

Comment

Sounds like so much fun down there. I tip my hat to you guys that go but l’ll never take the chance. Read Bud’s thread “it’s just a deer”. Lol

Best of luck to you guys

Comment

Sounds like so much fun down there. I tip my hat to you guys that go but l’ll never take the chance. Read Bud’s thread “it’s just a deer”. Lol

Best of luck to you guys

Comment

We just spent 4 days at the lease(26th-30th)- killed two nice mature bucks, two culls, and passed on several “almost” shooters that are a year or two away. I probably put eyes on 100 different bucks over 4 days – pretty cool hunting experience.

We crossed in and out of Columbia – mid day. Came out yesterday and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Lots of hunters and hunting trucks were heading out when we were.

Like so many guys that follow this thread, I really appreciate comprehensive reporting of incidents, military activity, and first-hand reports of both the good and the bad. I only make it down to the ranch 4-5 times/year, always traveling mid-day. If I feel the risk becomes significant, I will no longer hunt Mexico.

While I am not naïve to the ever-changing safety situation, neither myself, nor our lease members, have personally had unpleasant experiences hunting in Mexico, or felt in danger. Our current group has been leasing in Mexico since 2015.

Best of luck to all hunting down South this year. This thread is a fantastic network, and tool for all of us.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                We just spent 4 days at the lease(26th-30th)- killed two nice mature bucks, two culls, and passed on several “almost” shooters that are a year or two away. I probably put eyes on 100 different bucks over 4 days – pretty cool hunting experience.

We crossed in and out of Columbia – mid day. Came out yesterday and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Lots of hunters and hunting trucks were heading out when we were.

Like so many guys that follow this thread, I really appreciate comprehensive reporting of incidents, military activity, and first-hand reports of both the good and the bad. I only make it down to the ranch 4-5 times/year, always traveling mid-day. If I feel the risk becomes significant, I will no longer hunt Mexico.

While I am not naïve to the ever-changing safety situation, neither myself, nor our lease members, have personally had unpleasant experiences hunting in Mexico, or felt in danger. Our current group has been leasing in Mexico since 2015.

Best of luck to all hunting down South this year. This thread is a fantastic network, and tool for all of us.
                Good stuff Walker! Glad you guys had a safe trip bubba!

Comment

Went from Guerrero, Coahuila to Columbia Bridge yesterday with no issues. 2 checkpoints on road with military and Fuerza Coahuila playing on their phones. No line at bridge at all but got hassled by a woman US Customs Agent for quite a while over my horns and paperwork.

Took personal best on the 30th after grinding it out for 4 days!

195 4/8 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9197.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	24566563

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Ridin_Skinny View Post
                      Went from Guerrero, Coahuila to Columbia Bridge yesterday with no issues. 2 checkpoints on road with military and Fuerza Coahuila playing on their phones. No line at bridge at all but got hassled by a woman US Customs Agent for quite a while over my horns and paperwork.

Took personal best on the 30th after grinding it out for 4 days!

195 4/8 [ATTACH]939944[/ATTACH]

Buck of a lifetime!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        I read this thread because I loved hunting old Mexico at a time.. I don't comment on the safety aspect when sometimes I feel like I should.. Its a downer and I would not matter anyway.. I understand that..
                        I know you are a big guy and so am I.. And I can tell you that it won't matter when that door gets kicked off the hinges at 2 in the morning by Mexicans holding semi auto weapons. They robbed everyone in camp.. It happened when I hunted down there and that's why I dont anymore.. Do you Remember the episode on Los Apaches a bunch of years ago(10 or so)where 4 people where abducted and 2 have never been found?? Yea I was there when that happened too, 2 ranches over.. That's all I could take.. I was done..
                        After talking to some US federal agents it all revolved around massive amounts of money and cocaine and a US custom brokers son.. Imagine that.. It's all fun and games until it ain't..
                        All that big talk and name calling isn't really necessary.. It can go bad in a blink and I don't care how mean or bad a person thinks he is, those folks don't play by any rules and they know how to make you cry!!!!

I pray for all you guys safety....

Easy big nuts It’s all in good fun! Not sure what being a big guy has to do with anything and I’ve certainly never made reference to that! Again the situations you referenced to above are because of people being involved and doing stupid things..... I was down there too in like 2005 or 2006 when the Los Apaches situation happened.... Lots of gringos were and many on this thread were. That’s a very bad example as everyone knows the reasons like you stated above! Read my post..... It’s say “go to the ranches mind your business and you’ll be fine!” Very very slim chance you will get your door kicked in and if it happened to you there must have been a reason for them coming there to check the place out..... Were the guys that kicked your door in Military or Cartel???? As I’ve stated many times before most of the problems with Americans hunters and scary situations end up being the military not the Cartel... Oh by the way the military carries semi automatic weapons, the other mentioned group carries fully automatic weapons! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787].

Good luck boys! As I said this is nothing knew. Been going on for years and will continue. Travel safe, travel during the day and mind your business! Viva!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                          Easy big nuts It’s all in good fun! Not sure what being a big guy has to do with anything and I’ve certainly never made reference to that! Again the situations you referenced to above are because of people being involved and doing stupid things..... I was down there too in like 2005 or 2006 when the Los Apaches situation happened.... Lots of gringos were and many on this thread were. That’s a very bad example as everyone knows the reasons like you stated above! Read my post..... It’s say “go to the ranches mind your business and you’ll be fine!” Very very slim chance you will get your door kicked in and if it happened to you there must have been a reason for them coming there to check the place out..... Were the guys that kicked your door in Military or Cartel???? As I’ve stated many times before most of the problems with Americans hunters and scary situations end up being the military not the Cartel... Oh by the way the military carries semi automatic weapons, the other mentioned group carries fully automatic weapons! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787].

Good luck boys! As I said this is nothing knew. Been going on for years and will continue. Travel safe, travel during the day and mind your business! Viva!

No problem and it was some cats dressed as state police.. They weren't nice and they were just there to steal... Watches, money, jewelry that type of stuff... There were some highly influential people in camp at the time, well influential state side that is.. They probably were tipped off to this.. Being wealthy and hunting in Mexico can be seriously risky if the right bad guys find out... You can become a meal ticket fast... Of course I never had to worry about that though..

Comment

I would say...when your time ends, no matter if you´re in the safest place on heart....

You may be involved in all kind of accidents or risky events and nothing happens and you may suddenly die sitting in your house, playing or just relaxing, only God knows the exact time and date for each and everyone of us.

For all those brothers coming to Mexico hope ya´ll have safe great and memorable hunting trips.

Wish ya´ll the best for a new year which is about to start...let´s find a ´´canastudo mamalon´´ (great looking buck)

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              No problem and it was some cats dressed as state police.. They weren't nice and they were just there to steal... Watches, money, jewelry that type of stuff... There were some highly influential people in camp at the time, well influential state side that is.. They probably were tipped off to this.. Being wealthy and hunting in Mexico can be seriously risky if the right bad guys find out... You can become a meal ticket fast... Of course I never had to worry about that though..

Those situations can be fixed and taken care of after the fact also.... Again I highly doubt it was the so called “bad boys” that did it.... IMO.... The last thing anyone of them in Mexico want to do is have a major issue, let alone kidnap or kill an American... It would be too much bad press and attention to their cause!!!

Perfect example is the post above by easttexasman about a military convoy on the highway! That is a daily occurrence in Mexico in most areas. Again nothing at all to get excited or worried about.

Most of not all of the situations that an American hunter has been in can be directly attributed to a bone head move of some sort by them! Case and point with the camera issue mentioned above! Farmdog and Legdog are Mexico veterans and speak Spanish LOL! I’m sure that’s why they weren’t scared and Leggy continued to take pictures! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1303][emoji1303].

Viva men! I’m headed to the dark side!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                                Niether one of you was there. He was told repeatedly not to pick up the camera. Its my fault it wasnt put away. I should have made it stay in a bag where he couldnt get to it. I would have had to grab it out of his hands toss it out the window and run over it. Im not changing ranches cause of rules or protein either that was a poor joke maybe. Its obvious no one expected this much activity around Hidalgo during deer season. Thats not my fault

Ole Shane sent that ole text or PM getting on that *** about the protein and making your own rules joke!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. LMMFAO

Get you act together Farmdog!!! [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]

Comment

Working...
                                X