Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlopez View Post
    Darren, yesterday while driving down pipeline road I encountered the Federalies near the old watch tower. During our conversation they asked where I was going and if I had others at the ranch. He stated multiple times to be very careful and if I saw anyone on the road to not stop and drive fast. They let me go and said to get to the ranch before dark. When I left I did see the 2 vehicles that where broken down on Pipeline Rd and I thought that was not normal. Now it all makes sense. On a bright note, it feels good to be sitting in the blind although the wind is blowing 30 mph. Safe travels to all and be aware of your surroundings. Good luck next week Darren, see you at the ranch after Christmas.
    John
    Thanks for the report.
    We are heading down Sunday AM. I may have our ranch owners accompany us from the bridge to the ranch this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jlopez View Post
      Darren, yesterday while driving down pipeline road I encountered the Federalies near the old watch tower. During our conversation they asked where I was going and if I had others at the ranch. He stated multiple times to be very careful and if I saw anyone on the road to not stop and drive fast. They let me go and said to get to the ranch before dark. When I left I did see the 2 vehicles that where broken down on Pipeline Rd and I thought that was not normal. Now it all makes sense. On a bright note, it feels good to be sitting in the blind although the wind is blowing 30 mph. Safe travels to all and be aware of your surroundings. Good luck next week Darren, see you at the ranch after Christmas.
      John
      Good luck and see you after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
        Going to pipeline Tuesday morning. One of our guys arrived yesterday around dark and encountered a truck with guys with guns and lights. No issues but not great for a first year hunter to experience either.

Oh man that’s unnerving even for seasoned folks i can only imagine a first timer! [emoji51] safe travels guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually don't have a problem traveling down the pipeline by myself but after 38 years I know it can change on a dime. Anybody else going down Saturday morning toward the pipeline? I'll be at the Pemex in a red ford, custom lic plates. Gringos welcome! lol
          Bueno Suerte to all.

Comment

I usually don't have a problem traveling down the pipeline by myself but after 38 years I know it can change on a dime. Anybody else going down Saturday morning toward the pipeline? I'll be at the Pemex in a red ford, custom lic plates. Gringos welcome! lol
            Bueno Suerte to all.

Comment

You definitely going to see more military presence after they kill a marine during that clash yesterday near the pipeline.

Comment

Dang Man you guys keep your head on a swivel..

These are exactly the sort of incidents and encounters that drove me out of Old Mexico..

Comment

Dang Man you guys keep your head on a swivel..

These are exactly the sort of incidents and encounters that drove me out of Old Mexico..

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                    You definitely going to see more military presence after they kill a marine during that clash yesterday near the pipeline.
                    Wow whats the story on this?

Comment

Headed out in the morning, im 8 miles down pipeline north of columbia,Ill report in if i can get service when i arrive. Safe travels to all. This aint the first ive heard this year.ITs chasing time in Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Wow whats the story on this?
                        The morning of the clash the cartel members ambushed the units in which the Maexican Military were traveling using a Barrett 50 cal. and killed one of the Mexican Navy “Marina” soldiers. They’re not happy and are going to increase patrols around the pipeline area. In a way is good to have so many military presence in the area, but at the same time the cartel members tend to hide inside the ranches when this happens.

Comment

Military presence is good. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                            https://www.facebook.com/35314822484...9893278507676/ saw several reports of shoot outside in acuna news today.
                            Pic attached with this article
                            Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else hear that Columbia Pemex no longer accepts credit or debit cards?

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                                Anyone else hear that Columbia Pemex no longer accepts credit or debit cards?
                                Yes, I heard the same thing. If paying with $$ they use 16 as the exchange rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X