No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this picture on the southwest side, workers said there was a heard there.
    Last edited by Whampuscat2; 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Sounds like you got right through my old lease we were bout 2.5 hr of dirt/rock rd that’s a longgg slow rough drive especially when you get into those rocks! But gorgeous country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I heard your new lease was on the new road from PN to Remolino. Same road as your old leases, but 2 hrs further.

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
        I heard your new lease was on the new road from PN to Remolino. Same road as your old leases, but 2 hrs further.

Man that’s a trek! No wonder you have so many bears... do those pole feeders seem to eliminate the destruction they cause on feeders?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Man that’s a trek! No wonder you have so many bears... do those pole feeders seem to eliminate the destruction they cause on feeders?

yes, but not as good as we hope, first year set up 5 regular feeders, came back, and all were destroyed. Poles work much better. Move the crank up so they couldn't reach it, now they stand on it and spin the spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
            How big are your whitetail in that area? Beautiful country.
            I can put a mature buck on the back of a 4 wheeler and have room for a five gallon bucket. Carmen Mountain whitetail.

Comment

I can put a mature buck on the back of a 4 wheeler and have room for a five gallon bucket. Carmen Mountain whitetail.

That’s what I figured. Still beautiful country. How long have you hunted it? I bet you got it for next to nothing.

Comment

That’s what I figured. Still beautiful country. How long have you hunted it? I bet you got it for next to nothing.
                I didn't buy it, a good friend did, we looked it over in 07 and he bought it in 08. Been hunting it since then. The owners son and I have been about the only ones hunting it. The owner did get a nice buck in 09. I've taken two nice ones and the owners son three. He got a really nice one four seasons ago, it's been my turn the last couple of seasons, but have not found one bigger than his or one I wanted to shoot. Looking for an exceptional one to put on the wall. We have looked over a lot of deer, maybe I'll see one I want this year. We only have one stand, put it up six years ago, haven't hunted it yet. We usually corn roads and drive hunt. I like spring turkey hunting, awesome amount of big gobblers. Have killed hundreds of south Texas bucks and literally tons of nilgai. Have ranches that my family owns in Texas that I haven't taken a deer off in ten years, a couple longer than that. Kind of got bored with regular whitetail. But do already have a really nice buck in the freezer that I took earlier this season, on the ranch I own and live on in Texas. Just don't find it too interesting and do not post about it. Was going to lease a spot on a small ranch in Mexico, in the regular deer area, but need anouther place to hunt and set up like I need a hole in my head. My buddy I hunt with in Mexico did lease a spot. Just got off the phone with him, we agreed we probably wouldn't have time to mess with it this year. Plus there's 6 hunters crammed on 10,000 acres. Really just interested in getting a big Carmen mountain whitetail this year.

Comment

I didn't buy it, a good friend did, we looked it over in 07 and he bought it in 08. Been hunting it since then. The owners son and I have been about the only ones hunting it. The owner did get a nice buck in 09. I've taken two nice ones and the owners son three. He got a really nice one four seasons ago, it's been my turn the last couple of seasons, but have not found one bigger than his or one I wanted to shoot. Looking for an exceptional one to put on the wall. We have looked over a lot of deer, maybe I'll see one I want this year. We only have one stand, put it up six years ago, haven't hunted it yet. We usually corn roads and drive hunt. I like spring turkey hunting, awesome amount of big gobblers. Have killed hundreds of south Texas bucks and literally tons of nilgai. Have ranches that my family owns in Texas that I haven't taken a deer off in ten years, a couple longer than that. Kind of got bored with regular whitetail. But do already have a really nice buck in the freezer that I took earlier this season, on the ranch I own and live on in Texas. Just don't find it too interesting and do not post about it. Was going to lease a spot on a small ranch in Mexico, in the regular deer area, but need anouther place to hunt and set up like I need a hole in my head. My buddy I hunt with in Mexico did lease a spot. Just got off the phone with him, we agreed we probably wouldn't have time to mess with it this year. Plus there's 6 hunters crammed on 10,000 acres. Really just interested in getting a big Carmen mountain whitetail this year.

Comment

That’s very cool! Good luck to you this year and keep us posted how it goes! Looks like y’all got some great free ranging Audad too! That’s a pretty special place.

Comment

I videod a mountain deer 2 years ago it was the absolute craziest thing I’d ever seen! He looked 5.5 but literally walked 5 yards from me and was the size of a yearling it was the most mind boggling thing I’d ever seen! It was like looking at Benjamin button in deer form! Apparently from what everyone told me he was big for a mountain deer prolly 125”

Comment

What do y’all think the age is on this buck? He looks really young to me.

Comment

Looks 3.5 to me in those pictures. If he is indeed 3.5 he is gonna be a stud in a few years!!

Comment

4.5 at the oldest i can see 3.5 and a true giant in the making

Comment

Hopefully he sticks around. He was a regular last year.

Comment

The forked deer has been coming around for 3 years know. He had a extra kicker of a G2 as well as the split the year before last but last year didn’t have it.

Comment

Working...
                                X