Death wobble about got me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death wobble about got me!!

The new (to me) F350 is going into the shop here soon for some front end work. I was headed to the office this morning and hit a little pothole at about 50 mph and the front end started a death wobble that about chucked my coffee out of the console. Yep, time for some tie-rod ends, ball joints, etc....

Might just need a steering stabilizer, but definitely check out the front end assembly. My 95 1 ton did the same thing and it did not have a steering stabilizer and when I added one, it stopped.

Comment

Moog parts only!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Might just need a steering stabilizer, but definitely check out the front end assembly. My 95 1 ton did the same thing and it did not have a steering stabilizer and when I added one, it stopped.
        Steering stabilizer is just a bandaid, something is loose/wore out...tie rod ends, ball joints, control arm bushings, track bar bushings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
          The new (to me) F350 is going into the shop here soon for some front end work. I was headed to the office this morning and hit a little pothole at about 50 mph and the front end started a death wobble that about chucked my coffee out of the console. Yep, time for some tie-rod ends, ball joints, etc....
          What year/color is it?

A buddy of mine recently traded one in in San Antonio for the same issue. Hope they didn't sell it without fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            Steering stabilizer is just a bandaid, something is loose/wore out...tie rod ends, ball joints, control arm bushings, track bar bushings, etc.
            Nothing was worn out on mine and with the addition of a steering stabilizer, it never happened again.

Comment

If you had death wobble, you will need to replace much more than stabilizer as ball joints and tie rods will be shot.

Comment

I thought death wobble was just a Dodge thing.

Comment

Track bar and mount trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Moog parts only!

Moog isn’t what it used to be. Lots of their stuff is made in China now. However, I believe most of the heavy duty stuff is still made here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                      I thought death wobble was just a Dodge thing.
                      I thought it was a 30 year ago thing. I guess if parts wear out, but I have vehicles with 300,000+ miles with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                        Track bar and mount trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          I thought it was a 30 year ago thing. I guess if parts wear out, but I have vehicles with 300,000+ miles with no issues.
                          I know of two 2015 F-350's that had to have the track bar ball joint replaced due to death wobble at less than 30K, one of them had to have it again before 50K.

Comment

We have a fleet of 60 Ford trucks. When the death wobble starts, we rotate or replace the tires and ensure proper inflation, problem solved. It’s usually a tire pressure issue. Got a crap ton of letters in the mail from Ford for each truck just a couple of weeks ago and everything lead to tire pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I know of two 2015 F-350's that had to have the track bar ball joint replaced due to death wobble at less than 30K, one of them had to have it again before 50K.
                              Strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X