Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Doc’s got a second date! Brown Bear Round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!!!!

Comment

Get after them Doc, and with the groups you posted I doubt a miss is in your vocabulary.
      Some people do get a little over anxious when the moment comes about, but this is not your first ride, just enjoy it.

-Bones

Comment

All my bags are packed I’m ready to go!

I don’t know how many remember the hunt but in August of 2015 I hunted brown bears in the Togiak. I had a great hunt and stalked 5 bears. I was at full draw with a 9 foot boat under 20 yards and never got a shot! I made a vow to return to Alaska and chase this big boys again. Tomorrow I head back for round two. As I waited for the float plane to pick me up and carry me out that last day I reflected on a great hunt and also my frustrations at not finishing the deal. I picked up a rock and promised to one day carry that rock home and revisit the bears. That rock is sitting atop my trusty, lucky hunting and fishing cap and is ready to go home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What time does your plane leave in the morning? Direct from Dallas to Alaska or stop in Seattle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
            What time does your plane leave in the morning? Direct from Dallas to Alaska or stop in Seattle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Flight leaves Amarillo at 0630. Amarillo to Denver. Denver to Anchorage. Anchorage to Kodiak. Will overnight in Kodiak. Have to pick up my license and tags in Kodiak on Wednesday and then I think the float plane leaves for Afognak around 1230 pm. We start hunting early Thursday morning.

Comment

In for this. Good luck Doc!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                What kind of target or material is this?
                Sorry if I missed this one! That’s a pretty old outfitter block. It’s been on my back patio for years and gets pelted with dirt and grime. I rotate it and try to shoot different spots. It has held up well and seems like arrows are getting harder to pull!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                  Executive decision made. I will not be packing a rifle. I’m not saying that one might not come in to the picture because you never know! But, I don’t sit there and build and tune arrows and bows for weeks on end, practice to 100 yards, shoot in the panhandle wind, and hunt all year long to give up on the bow. I am a bowhunter. I am going to Alaska to bowhunt brown bears. I’ll post up when I can. For now, I’m done with work and need to pack!!!!!
                  Atta boy Doc. Good luck and your persistence will pay off!!!

Comment

Shaping up to be a heck of a hunt.. good luck Doc! Following along here

Comment

Made it to the airport and waiting to board the first leg of the journey. Hard leaving little doc and jr. Been coaching the 11-13 year olds baseball team and I’ll miss two weeks of practice and 2 games. Hopefully they remember some things while I’m gone.

Comment

Good luck Doc! I will be looking forward to the updates.

Comment

This is getting good!

Comment

Good luck Doc!!!!!

Comment

Good luck Doc! We're all rooting for you. Safe travels

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                                Executive decision made. I will not be packing a rifle. I’m not saying that one might not come in to the picture because you never know! But, I don’t sit there and build and tune arrows and bows for weeks on end, practice to 100 yards, shoot in the panhandle wind, and hunt all year long to give up on the bow. I am a bowhunter. I am going to Alaska to bowhunt brown bears. I’ll post up when I can. For now, I’m done with work and need to pack!!!!!
                                That pretty much sums it up.......... And agreed, you are a heck of a bowhunter. Safe travel's and can't wait for you to smoke a biggun.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X