Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Doc’s got a second date! Brown Bear Round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope your outfitter knows how to skin grizz... Good luck today Doc.

Comment

Lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
        Good thing he’s a mechanic��
        Yeah, I'm sure he has worked on a few and knows their inner workings pretty well.

Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
        The beaver puns are cracking me up. Hopefully things aren't so fuzzy for you the rest of the trip, but it's always strange when they're perfectly smooth.

Do us proud, Doc.

Comment

Good luck Doc!!!! Cant wait to see the pics. Just got invited yesterday on a bear hunt in Maine this coming September. Can't wait!

Comment

Good luck!! Have another Amber or 20 for me!!!

Comment

Up to date. Good luck Doc. Following.

Comment

A little day one update and intel:

1. Left the lodge at 0600 and we ended up seeing 10 bears(6 were sows with cubs but 4 boars). 3 looked like shooters and we tried to get closer. One stalk we got to 70 yards and he must have seen us. One bear left the beach before we got there in the boat. Third one left the beach as we were getting on to shore. Pretty good for a first morning. The 3 shooters were all 8 1/2 foot bears or better. Lots of the bears have rubbed their winter coat so hair may not be perfect.

2. Bag arrived and I have all gear. I hate airlines! My arrow tube was broken in the duffel and arrows jammed through the lid. 2 or 3 nocks broken and a couple pretty bent. I have never had that happen in all my travels!

3. Mainly going to be hunting low tide when the majority of the beach is exposed. Right now there are two lows during daylight and should have that for 5-6 days. Looks like decent weather. I can tell you that kicking through the waves on the inflatable this am with thin pants, no gloves and no coat was chilly!

4. Apparently there is awesome bottom fishing right here and these boys I am hunting with like to fish! My guide is the lodge owners grandson and he wants to take fish home. We are on a boat with rods and the bears aren’t really out at midday with high tide. We will be fishing high tide! I bought a license!!!!!

5. Looks like there will be opportunities! I’m not going to be so picky it’s stupid. May have to compromise on hair quality but that’s just the way it goes. 2/3 of the bears are rubbed right now. Not bald spots but in their summer coat. Could have ended the hunt this am with a fire stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My hunting and fishing vessel for the next 8-9 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff!! Good luck!!

Comment

Looks like fun Doc

Comment

Gettem doc

Comment

Looks like a blast!

Comment

Dream trip for sure. Good
                            Luck