No announcement yet.

Long time coming- New ride!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Congratulations! I just got an Electra Glide Standard in December. Your bike sure looks good. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats man...I love the Street Glides. They were slightly out of my budget so I got a new Softail Slim this time. I plan on getting a Street Glide in 4-5 years. And you are right...the M8 is a beast! Enjoy & ride safe!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Well Buddy....YOU are screwed now!! Sold my last Road King 5 years past due to health issues BUT, I had more adventures with my HD'S over the years that I still hide my scrap book of pics from my wife, kids & grandkids..."My son's still mention time to time to see the Sturgis pics....adult rated, lol!

In my younger years I had everything from Road Glides, Road Kings, Ultra's, and loved them all. Now you are going to get that urge for Sturgis, Daytona, Red Run, 4 corner's and the list goes on and on.

HD is a "brotherhood" that is very unique for those of us with adventure in our soul! Won't be long until you get those Harley Wings Tat on your shoulder??

Just remember....WHY you want to ride....for me, it was seeing the sky on 2 wheels and the freedom it provided my soul.

MAKE IT LOUD (Stage 1 Air and take the baffles out)....LOUD save's lives and besides....nothing better than hearing that roar when you ride? But, your gas mileage will suffer...can't resist hitting the throttle at a light or stop sign!!

Some of the best times of my life have been on the road with my HD'S, so enjoy, have fun and be safe....CONGRATS....I'm a "little jealous" but it Is what it Is! I always had mine with a "skull theme" and of course...HD stand's for $100 so save your bucks for the upgrades you will ultimately spend.... "Yo Soy El Oso Grande."
        I wish there was a "Like" button...

Comment

That is PIMP!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your NICE NEW RIDE.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Long time coming- New ride!!!

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

MAKE IT LOUD (Stage 1 Air and take the baffles out)....LOUD save's lives and besides....nothing better than hearing that roar when you ride?

We have legal lane splitting in CA. What blows me away is I’m doing 30 or 40 in traffic on a highway and a guy with a Harley and open pipes comes up fast on the driver’s side. I go from quiet to 100+ decibels in my left ear in 1/2 second. It always startles me in my seat. I fear one day I’ll jump up and twist the wheel left and squash him between me and the vehicle to the left.

Even if you’re passing me on the left, I don’t want to hear your excessive noise. Be safe!

Comment

Nice! Keep the shiny side up!

Comment

Congrats! I had a 2006 Fat Boy, and then a 2008 SG 96"/6-speed and loved every minute of it... ABS, radio, and cruise control on the SG. I'll never go without that stuff on a bike again. I sold out to become a landowner which fits our family much better, but I miss my bikes sometimes.

Just remember, HD really stands for Hundred Dollars.

Comment

Congrats. Two wheels down brother.

Comment

Congrats. What a beauty. I tried the M8 on the test trailer. I refuse to ride one on the street Because I can't afford a new bike. Smooth is an understatement. Bill, I understand your thoughts but I would much rather you know I'm there and be mad than not know I'm there. However I don't lane split.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                              Congrats. What a beauty. I tried the M8 on the test trailer. I refuse to ride one on the street Because I can't afford a new bike. Smooth is an understatement. Bill, I understand your thoughts but I would much rather you know I'm there and be mad than not know I'm there. However I don't lane split.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ll go out of my way to let a bike into traffic, and give them room for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                                We have legal lane splitting in CA. What blows me away is I’m doing 30 or 40 in traffic on a highway and a guy with a Harley and open pipes comes up fast on the driver’s side. I go from quiet to 100+ decibels in my left ear in 1/2 second. It always startles me in my seat. I fear one day I’ll jump up and twist the wheel left and squash him between me and the vehicle to the left.

Even if you’re passing me on the left, I don’t want to hear your excessive noise. Be safe!

You missed the point...guessing you have never rode? The profile of a bike w/rider is much smaller than any car/truck. Noise let's folks know you are there. The FOOLS that do the land splitting are just as reckless as the "crotch rocket" one's going 90mph, weaving in and out of traffic on the DFW roadways! It's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X