Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feral horse hunt called off due to pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    That was a good read.......
    Agreed^^^ But for some reason I thought they were captured closer to Junction? Maybe I'm thinking that because that's where I got the book.

Comment

Sad. It is excellent table fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
        Sss

STHS (shoot,track hoe, shut up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been trending that way the last 5-10 years and now looks like the pressure was to much...

Over population anywhere is bad but it’s even worse in those land scapes.

Sad to see emotion over take facts but looks like that’s the common route nowadays

Would like to see the protestors come up with a better solution rather then ***** and moan the whole time

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
            Wow, seems like it would be their land, their rules.

To hail with the book of faces!!!!
            Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            I'm not surprised by this. People get weird when it comes to animals they consider pets. Dogs, cats, horses, rabbits etc. Now to be fair, I'm the wrong guy to be saying anything because I don't let our kids name anything but their horse and the dog. Not even the barn cat gets a name. We eat coons, possums, coyotes and everything else in between.

We thought my daughter's horse she'd just gotten for Christmas might having something wrong with him and the vet mentioned that it could have some long shot of a neurological problem (it ended up he didn't and he's just fine) but I looked the vet in the eye with my daughter standing there beside me and I said, "Well if he does, we are shooting him and eating him. For as much money as I paid for him, he isn't going to waste." I thought he was going to drop his clipboard. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "You can't eat a HORSE!" I said, "yes sir we can." One of his female vet assistants looked like she might pass out and he looked like he might call the law, so I tried to play it off a little and said something like, "well I hope it doesn't come to that....." to ease the tension. But I'm telling you, those folks nearly swallowed their bubble gum because they could tell I was dead serious, which I was.

An animal is an animal and meat is meat. Feral horses, over grazing and starving to death need to be controlled just like hogs, coyotes, deer or any other animal population. What's amazing is, if left to the animals rights folks, more animals would actually suffer and die slow painful deaths for no reason than by us hunters managing their herd sizes.

You can't talk rationally to the lefties.
            x2 to both.

Comment

I know a resident of a small town "out west", the feral horses really get to be a problem especially during dry spells, eating lawns etc. . They're treated much like feral hogs, the residents shoot them to scare them away with a small enough caliber that hopefully they die far enough from town to not cause to much suspicion.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                We eat coons, possums, coyotes and everything else in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  I'm reading a book right now called "The Boy Captives". It details the lives of 2 boys that were captured by the Comanches around the Dripping Springs/Driftwood area. It talks allot what they ate, and horse was on the menu quite often!
                  I just looked this book up on Amazon and it was 52 Bucks!!!!!

Comment

You haven't lived 'til you had some clydesdale fajitas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      You haven't lived 'til you had some clydesdale fajitas.
                      Do you use extra large totillas

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wo5TznA5as"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wo5TznA5as[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                          I'm reading a book right now called "The Boy Captives". It details the lives of 2 boys that were captured by the Comanches around the Dripping Springs/Driftwood area. It talks allot what they ate, and horse was on the menu quite often!
                          Very awesome book to read. I'm sure the writer embellished a little here and there but that book will put you right there with a scared boy taken by the indians back when they did that sort of thing. I found it in paperback at the local museum in Mason for $11 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            You sir, are what the kids would call, a Savage.
                            Hahaha!! Nah we've just rebelled against the Disney culture that humanizes animals. I believe we should treat animals well, not let them suffer for no reason, etc. God put us in charge of animals in the Garden of Eden and I think we should take care of them....and eat them.lol One time I (jokingly) convinced out kids that we were going to eat our dog. I told them I was joking but I also told them that, yes we'd eat our dog if we had to before we starved to death. So when our 13 year old dog died, my 2 year old son went to church and told everyone that "our dog died and we are going to eat it". The thing was, I took 2nd place in a church chili cook off that year when I made, coon, deer and squirrel chili (I clearly told them what was in it before the blind tasting and offered to pull it from the contest) so I definitely got some raised eyebrows when my son was running around saying that. Again, times have to got be really tough before even I go that far.

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            So...how do you cook it?
                            Bacon wrapped with jalapenos, soaked in Allegro?

Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy
                            We eat coons, possums, coyotes and everything else in between.
                            Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                            So I guess that it wouldn't surprise you at this point if I told you that on Sunday, out of the blue, my 8 year old daughter said, "Daddy, you HAVE to kill another coyote, I really want momma to make some coyote and dumplings."

Comment

They need to do a huge round up and transport to LA and Central Park in NY city should have some good grazing

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                                They need to do a huge round up and transport to LA and Central Park in NY city should have some good grazing
                                Winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X