No announcement yet.

Kubota or John Deere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever you buy, get one with a cab. I just bought a new blue one with a cab. The a/c and heater is awesome. I’ll never own an open station tractor again.

Comment

I know a guy who has a 3901 and it does exactly what you are doing on about 90 acres. I would go 50 or 55 horses. I bought a BX2250 then traded it for a B7800 (30hp). The L frame is the heavier than the B's and BX's obviously but that 47 and 55 from Kubota can't be beat. I know a guy who also owns a Mahindra. I wouldn't own one but lots of folks like them and lots of folks dislike them.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
        We went with the kubota L4701
        Congrats !

Comment

Glad they got you taken care of come by the shop out back if you pick it up

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
            which is the better tractor? It will be a 4WD

looking at getting the Kubota L3301 or the L3901 or the John Deere 3033R or the 3038E.

mostly will be doing shredding, small food plots, and some hauling dirt and rocks. what do y'all prefer?
            Used to bale hay with a guy, bought a brand new John Deere and had a 5 year old Kubota. Needless to say he was disappointed in the John Deere and jumped back in the Kubota. From experience Kubota is the way I would go.

Comment

I have both a 50hp and a 21hp 4 wheel drive Kubota.

I got the 50 first and then the 21hp for another small piece of property we used to have in Rockport.

From experience, i strongly suggest that you go with a bigger model. Granted they will not fit into the smaller space, but they will do so much more.

Also get the largest bucket that your tractor will handle. Do not save money and get a smaller bucket. Make them weld the chain hooks onto the bucket for you before you buy it. Simple thing, but that sure does save time when you want to hook a chain to something, instead of wrapping it around the bucket or hooking it on the lip.

Buy the tractor to do everything you might want to do in the future and buy it like it will be the one and only tractor you ever buy.

You will not be sorry if you do.

Also at times you can find deals on them for 0 down and 0% interest. I did so and saved a ton of money on interest.

Comment

I love my kubota m7040.

Comment

I have a Kubota m7040 cab tractor a Kubota mx4700 and a IH 684.
                  Love the Kubota. I have owned the mx4700 for 4 years not a problem one. Just bought the m7040 but I expect the same reliable service out of it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                    I am not going to say anything bad about a Kubota because #1 I can't... and #2 I have never owned one. What I can tell you is this, when looking around and researching last year between the 2 I went with a green one. I bought the 4066 which is a smaller frame tractor with 66hp. It will seriously shred some stuff with that kind of hp. I wanted the medium/heavy duty shredder so that I could mow some rough stuff. The smaller hp tractors will not be rated for the heavy duty 6' cutters. The lift on my tractor lifts that big cutter fine, but you definitely know its there.

Also like someone else pointed out, I went with the HST trans as well, and am very GLAD I did.

Also, if your buying a loader...look at where the joysticks are. I don't like them out on the loader where you have to reach out for it. Also, pay the money for the HD bucket and put a tooth bar on it. It really helps when clearing or trying to dig things as well as keeps your bucket straight.
                    Great, that is the one I am looking at now.
                    The largest of the compacts. The biggest one they offered when I bought my last New one was 48hp.
                    I love my power reverser, but sounds like you like the hydro???

Comment

I have an older Case 485, early 90's era 54hp 2 wd tractor. While I cant really help on the Orange/Green thing. I have one plot of 250 acres used for ranching and the Case 485 has been well suited for that acreage. I use it the clear brush, you can search my username and Ratchet Rake for pics. It will pull a 7' brush hog with no issues and I mean running over brush, not just cutting grass. One other thing to consider in the bigger is better thought process is getting it repaired. Can you haul it to the shop or is it a field service tractor? While having 4x4 is nice, having a FEL is much better. So if either one is a deal breaker, keep the FEL option

Comment

We have a 50 horse Kioti. Partners wanted a 37 horse. I balked and they needed my credit line to get it done. Spent a little more but worth it. The shredder handles what we need it to and the bigger front bucket helps as well.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                          Glad they got you taken care of come by the shop out back if you pick it up
                          Yeah Cory is a top notch dude would recommend this place to everyone.

Comment

Kubota or John Deere

After about a half dozen of the greenies, I finally settled on two of the orange ones

The newest one is a MX4800....with some new attachments.... added a brush grapple and a backhoe to this one

Old

New

Last edited by Atfulldraw; 03-14-2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

the kubota we have on the property is a tank. well...... until one of the property helpers put gasoline in it hahaha! Now it sure looks nice sitting out in the field.

They are great tractors, i use their SxS and zero turn too.

Comment

Working...
                              X