X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn’t bother me. It’s real easy to press the disable button

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      Well thats not cool. Didnt realize that. I hate all the buttons and sensors. Do I really need the truck to tell me it senses a trailer? Trust me, I know whether I hooked a trailer up or not.....even if I somehow forgot, as soon as I took off I would feel it.
      That sensor will also tell which trailer light is not working and if you have a wiring problem while your driving. Recently I was towing a trailer and the screen told me the the trailer was disconnected. That light went off but came back on several times during the trip. Apparently I have a bad ground or connection. I would not have know it otherwise, unless I cot stopped.

Comment

My wife's Mercedes has the feature. It's a nice feature to have for long red lights, etc. It's not that great in "commuting" stop and go traffic. However, there's a button on the dash to disable/enable it anytime you want to.

The vehicle won't always shut-off when stopped. The computer determines based on multiple variables if it's better to be off or on at idle.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Actually, some of you guys crack me up. On one hand, you want better gas mileage (there's actually an active thread right now on gas mileage), but on the other, you thumb your nose up at a feature designed to try and help it. As someone else stated, check your total idle engine hours; you would be surprised how long you really do sit at idle.

This tech isn't new either. It's been in some vehicles for well over a decade.
        Last edited by CaptainDave; 02-26-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X