Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck eye like someone said.

Comment

Another vote for sirloin. Recently bought 12 pounds of Wagyu sirloin for $100 at a local butcher and they have been great. Been cooking them on the cast iron with just a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Incredible flavor and texture.

Comment

Like mentioned about, HEB runs great deals on sirloin and those south Texas ribeye pork chops are as good of a cut of meat as you can find for pork IMO. There’s a chipotle southwest marinade that’s great, I like to bake them and let it cook in the marinade.

Comment

I went to HEB and got myself some chuck shoulder steak. Tough as a boot but it tastes good. Roy Munson, I’m about out of venison. Have about enough for two people for one meal left. I’m trying to get away from pizza and burgers but can’t do much more chicken. I need some red meat.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
            I went to HEB and got myself some chuck shoulder steak. Tough as a boot but it tastes good. Roy Munson, I’m about out of venison. Have about enough for two people for one meal left. I’m trying to get away from pizza and burgers but can’t do much more chicken. I need some red meat.
            My suggestion is to become a roaster, crockpotter or a smoker even though you said you are not one.....grilling/fast cooking beef is for good cuts, burger or super thin cuts so the chew is better. Thick cuts need to be broken down through slower longer cooking.

Comment

Just bought a bunch of family pack sirloins at HEB last week for $2.99/lb.

Freezer is full of venison and pork but I couldn't pass them up.

Comment

From a health standpoint I prefer ruminants over poultry as chicken is much higher in omega-6 fatty acids. If it's in your budget, grass-fed beef and pork is much healthier than grain-fed-and much higher in omega-3 fatty acids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X