No announcement yet.

Florida deputy refused to engage school shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been to the multiple classes. If I do goto one I have a different philosophy. I’m not waiting. If I’m taking lead then some kid is not taking it. I’m gonna make sure the shooter has something to think about other than who he is gonna shoot at next. I figure one of us is gonna win and either way it will take time away from shooting at innocent children

Comment

Sad just sad

Comment

Anything like this, where kids needlessly die is hard. I wont throw stones at this guy for not stepping up, because I don't have actual details. But I can tell you there is a giant hole in my heart for those kids, families, teachers ,first responders. None of their lives will ever be the same, the long reaching effects of these acts are as terrible as the act its self.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
          I got buddies that were there, I can tell you no one got out of that "ok" on law enforcement side.
          Ok? I'm just saying there was a deputy in the west parking lot when it started. It was over 45 min. Before swat entered. There were at least 75 law enforcement surrounding the school by the time the two devils shot themselves. Those are the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
            Anything like this, where kids needlessly die is hard. I wont throw stones at this guy for not stepping up, because I don't have actual details. But I can tell you there is a giant hole in my heart for those kids, families, teachers ,first responders. None of their lives will ever be the same, the long reaching effects of these acts are as terrible as the act its self.
            It makes me very sad as well.

Comment

I know most schools have a resource officer - I’ve been wondering why we have heard nothing about him. If that went down as reported I don’t see how that guy can live with himself. He was on the scene 90 seconds after the first shot and did nothing to engage?

Comment

Every lady I know would of run towards the shooter if they had a 380 in their purse. Mother hen thing.
                This is not ok....

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Ok? I'm just saying there was a deputy in the west parking lot when it started. It was over 45 min. Before swat entered. There were at least 75 law enforcement surrounding the school by the time the two devils shot themselves. Those are the facts.
                  Not saying those guys were right or wrong but as mentioned there simply wasnt active shooter training till after Columbine. Prior to that those guys waited for those trained to enter buildings under gunfire. I can assume it took swat 45 minutes to get there.

Comment

Very true. I lived there when it happened, and my kids were in Jeffco ISD. There was a swat officer that got there in short order, as he lived blocks away. Jeffco deputy was trying to enter and swat officer wouldn't let him enter for exactly the reasons I mentioned. We heard a lot more about Columbine locally, than what was on national news.
                    The school resource officer engaged Klebold and Harris almost immediately. He was in his vehicle on the other side if the school and didn’t hear the shots. When notified he moved into the school and engaged them.

The swat teams responding later set up a perimeter per their protocol at the time (not now) but the school officer on scene did not wait, went in alone, fired on the suspects and likely saved several lives.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                      Worked with a couple of those. I only depended on me. Made it for 30 years.
                      This deputy was a 33 year veteran i think i heard

Comment

Trying not get this post off track with Columbine stuff. My point is (this is before my time) is that these guys on the Columbine call did what they trained, what they were supposed to do at the time. I know it seems simple now arm chair quarterbacking it now. But how would you feel after going through that, learning in hindsight you did things "wrong" and kids died.

Again things changed since then.

Comment

Ironman. I think your above is fairly accurate not sure on times. I believe SWAT teams have their time and place. I also believe it is best to Mabe an entry in this situation in a pod of 4 Officers. I’ve allready made my decision and I’ll go in Lone Ranger and take fire from the suspect/suspects. I may do nothing more than occupy time of aggressors. If you guys are in LE now is the time you need to make these decisions and not when it’s thrown in your lap- We had an active shooter here and first Officer on scene entered outgunned and ended it quick. I talked to him and he told me there was nothing to think about as he knew what he would do long before it happened

Comment

Wow. This makes me angry to know much of the rampage could have been stopped or at least interrupted

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I know most schools have a resource officer - I’ve been wondering why we have heard nothing about him. If that went down as reported I don’t see how that guy can live with himself. He was on the scene 90 seconds after the first shot and did nothing to engage?
                              Jerp, he WAS the resource officer............................

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Reuters) - The armed deputy assigned to the campus of a Florida high school during a deadly shooting last week stayed outside the building during the attack and failed to engage the shooter, the county sheriff said on Thursday.

Comment

I understand training but until you’re in it you really don’t know what you’ll do...

Comment

Working...
                                X