Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

allways wanted to try it never had the money though

Comment

Man, I need to get out and shoot some fish. Been a couple years. Soon as I'm settled in my new house, It's ON!
      Just need to make friends with one of you guys with a boat haha.

Used to run 6 LED lights. 50w lights on 2 batteries will run 6-8 hrs.
      Nothing more peaceful than being on the water at night and all you hear is the hum of the trolling motor. No fans, No generators

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
        This was Saturday night and I'm still whooped.
        Aaron Haddock's boat! Looks like y'all had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
          Aaron Haddock's boat! Looks like y'all had a good time.
          Yessir it sure is! We shot 98 carp and 2 gar. At least 90 of the carp were over 18#. We decided we're never shooting that many big fish again lol

Comment

Yeah or atleast until next time. Thats awesome!!!

Comment

Is carp good for anything besides bait??

Comment

This was Saturday night and I'm still whooped.
                First off, where in the hell were you!?!?! I haven't been in Texas long enough to get on the fish like this... Secondly, if anyone is located near San Antonio and wants to split the cost an go stick some fish hit me up!!

2015 Long Beach Aluminum 2072.... 2015 Yamaha 115 4-stroke, 112 lb thrust minn kota riptide, 6-400 watt show me custom HPS... Lets roll!

Comment

[ATTACH]901704[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just getting around to posting. Had two great redfish trips over the past few weeks of bowfishing down in Southern Louisiana. So far got 70 reds on the boat. Two weeks ago I went on a 5 night bowfishing trip. The first two nights it was just me and my dog. I set a personal record of a solo redfish limit in 27 minutes. We limited every night that trip and finished with 50 reds. Went back out last week for a three night trip. Was pretty windy a couple nights, but managed to shoot 20 reds. Looking forward to the sheepshead moving in and more redfish action.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                      Just getting around to posting. Had two great redfish trips over the past few weeks of bowfishing down in Southern Louisiana. So far got 70 reds on the boat. Two weeks ago I went on a 5 night bowfishing trip. The first two nights it was just me and my dog. I set a personal record of a solo redfish limit in 27 minutes. We limited every night that trip and finished with 50 reds. Went back out last week for a three night trip. Was pretty windy a couple nights, but managed to shoot 20 reds. Looking forward to the sheepshead moving in and more redfish action.

Nice!!!
                      What part of southern LA? East, west, central?
                      My normal redfish holes near Madison Bay are not producing well enough to commit to making the run just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Central, somewhere south of Houma The red's have been in the marsh all winter. If you got a surface drive and a few lights you'll be good to go. I find they will start to move out soon, but for now they are stacked up. I try to fish for them and get nothing, but I turn on the lights and drive the same spots and the fish are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          yes, yes, yes!!!! CAnt wait to get on the trinity in search of a 7' plus footer!!!!!
                          We better get it done on the next rise. it wouldnt surprise me at all to see an emergency order from the TPWD comission stopping all harvest on the trinity until "studies" can be completed. i also hear a propaganda initiative is about to commence, funded by our hunter dollars, to promote gator gar as a game fish.

last week, i saw no less than 10,000 juvenile gator gar.

Comment

Yessir it sure is! We shot 98 carp and 2 gar. At least 90 of the carp were over 18#. We decided we're never shooting that many big fish again lol
                            Thank you for your service sir!!!
                            Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
                            Central, somewhere south of Houma The red's have been in the marsh all winter. If you got a surface drive and a few lights you'll be good to go. I find they will start to move out soon, but for now they are stacked up. I try to fish for them and get nothing, but I turn on the lights and drive the same spots and the fish are everywhere.
                            Terrebone Parish.........gotta love it!
                            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            We better get it done on the next rise. it wouldnt surprise me at all to see an emergency order from the TPWD comission stopping all harvest on the trinity until "studies" can be completed. i also hear a propaganda initiative is about to commence, funded by our hunter dollars, to promote gator gar as a game fish.

last week, i saw no less than 10,000 juvenile gator gar.
                            WOW!!! That is sooooooo ridiculously disgraceful!!! Heck, I have seen 10,000 three footers on that body of water.............in just two days! I hope they have open hearings on this issue. I have zero qualms about speaking to the commission on the record!
                            Let me know when that water comes up, I will cancel my schedule and head your way. Oh, Jillian said that is what she wants to do this summer. I think the 5 footer she missed is haunting her.........LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Thank you for your service sir!!!

Terrebone Parish.........gotta love it!

WOW!!! That is sooooooo ridiculously disgraceful!!! Heck, I have seen 10,000 three footers on that body of water.............in just two days! I hope they have open hearings on this issue. I have zero qualms about speaking to the commission on the record!
                              Let me know when that water comes up, I will cancel my schedule and head your way. Oh, Jillian said that is what she wants to do this summer. I think the 5 footer she missed is haunting her.........LOL!!!
                              Its a plan. I think you should speak but if its like times past, the decisions will be made regardless of what the public says. I hear there will be a propaganda push promoting alligator gar starting soon anyway.

As for Jillian.. she hit that gar dead center.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Its a plan. I think you should speak but if its like times past, the decisions will be made regardless of what the public says. I hear there will be a propaganda push promoting alligator gar starting soon anyway.

As for Jillian.. she hit that gar dead center.
                                I am afraid you are probably right. But being on the public record opens other opportunities in this silly fight concerning alligator gar on the Trinity. YES, other bodies of water in Texas MAY have issues with numbers but the lower Trinity sure isn't one of them. Ray Charles can determine that!!!
                                There is a reason why various counties have harvest limits on whitetails...(east texas versus hill country)....it is odd that EXACT formula does not apply for alligator gar.........hum!

LMAO, yes I think that is why she wants one sooooo bad!!! The boys at Auburn cant believe she bowfishes......lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X