No announcement yet.

539 3/8 Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know guys....he doesn't look an inch over 278 to me.

Comment

I know in 2017 a 430" public land elk was taken in Idaho. Can't find the story, but it was close to the state record.

Comment

You might stand corrected if it is free range but you'll still find it okay to jump on and question any big animal killed on any thread. You may find HF hunting isn't your thing but it's still just your opinion. You don't want to do it, don't. That doesn't mean you have the right to belittle and demean others who do. Just hit the back button and move on.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

So we are sure it was taken behind a game fence, or are we just assuming?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Rwc
            I am very confident it was behind a fence, or the score is wrong in OP. No way a free range elk is going to be over 100" bigger than the current state record.

I am not sure why everyone is getting butthurt if it was behind a fence or not. If it's a trophy to the guy who shot it, who cares?

Comment

A little research shows the place offers guaranteed elk hunts.

Read into that what you want.

Beautiful elk. I'd be happy with one 200" smaller.

Comment

Giant !!
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post

Rwc
                  Assuming. If you google it you can find that it was shot at Broadmouth Canyon Ranch. Which offers 10k acres of high fence hunting. There are claims that it is the new world record typical on their site but not that it is the new B&C record. Which you would think they would promote if it was fair chase. So leaning heavily towards high fence.

Comment

I saw the story on Facebook a couple weeks ago and it stated that it was high fence. Still huge though.

Comment

Yeah, if you found those sheds it would probably seem like a dang dinosaur bone.. that's massive!

Comment

Holy mass!

Comment

Trophy Elk Hunting at it's Finest. Guaranteed Elk Hunts in Utah and Idaho. Also Offering Mule Deer Hunts, Archery Elk Hunts and Buffalo Hunts on the West's Finest Wilderness Hunting Preserves.

Trophy Elk Hunting at it's Finest. Guaranteed Elk Hunts in Utah and Idaho. Also Offering Mule Deer Hunts, Archery Elk Hunts and Buffalo Hunts on the West's Finest Wilderness Hunting Preserves.

We specialize in 100% guaranteed elk hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                            http://www.utahelkhunt.com/utah/

We specialize in 100% guaranteed elk hunts.

I remember seeing this ranch years ago. It was, and might still be, owned by Rulon Jones of the Denver Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

High fence or not, still a trophy in my book. Maybe you don’t have to be the best hunter to get a shot on the elk at a 100% opportunity ranch. But he obviously made some good life choices to be able to afford the hunt.
                              Congrats to the hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                Because a high fence diminishes the trophy. It’s not free range. It’s livestock at that point. It becomes a matter of how big of a check book the guy has, nothing to do with how good of a hunter he is or fair chase.

I will stand corrected if this was a free range elk.
                                is anyone here praising this guy for his hunting skills? nobody thinks hes better than you now because he killed this animal. i mean hes wearing an orange shirt with his belt on the outside, how good of a hunter can he be?

who cares about the hunter, its an awesome animal.

Comment

Working...
                                X