Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
    Fence in the car and keep it until they settle up on repairs
    Yep! Mama and daddy want their car back well there is the matter of a storage fee for it being parked on your property.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
      At first I thought that was a bunch of bull that you could be sued for someone hitting a pipe fence on YOUR PROPERTY. Second thought, I would not build something like that, not only for the absurdity of actually being liable if someone was hurt, but also if someone did lose their life because they hit it, even though it would be their fault would be terrible.
      A long time a ago when I was in high school, the principle lived close by and every student knew which house was his. After about the 13,345th time his mail box got runned over, he replaced it concreted in, metal base.

It was pretty easy to tell who tried to hit the mailbox after that.

Comment

Anybody have any proof that landowners have been sued for putting up traffic proof fences on their own property to keep from having a reckless driver plow into their house or property?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
          Fence in the car and keep it until they settle up on repairs
          x2! Exactly. Don't let them come get it

Comment

Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
              I would build that particular section of fence separate from the other fence and more easily reparable. Maybe with H-braces on the sides and the part where they drive through cedar stays with 4 strand barbwire. That way when it happens again it'll be cheap and easy to fix.

This, like a watergap fence. made to come down if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                Coincidence?

Oh snap

Comment

Odessa

Over the last several years there have been so many people who've run into houses that a lot of people who live on the corner of busy streets have put reinforced pipe fences on the vulnerable corner. I can't say I blame them as one man was killed while sitting in the recliner in his living room.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    Over the last several years there have been so many people who've run into houses that a lot of people who live on the corner of busy streets have put reinforced pipe fences on the vulnerable corner. I can't say I blame them as one man was killed while sitting in the recliner in his living room.
                    Years ago a buddy of mine's front door faced a dangerous corner. His kids were relentless about needing a telephone pole balance beam chained to the two oak trees in the front yard.

Comment

I agree, keep the car, storage fees. Or file on them for trespassing and vandalism, possible poisoning of the pond. Threaten to have law impound it and press charges.

Comment

Can't you dig a drainage ditch along that section and plant on the banked soil? If it's happened 8 times something needs doing I'd be really unhappy if that was my land

Comment

News flash - Unless the kid is specifically listed by name as an excluded driver, his car insurance company must pay. Contact his company and file a claim.

If he is a resident of the household of the car owner, he's covered unless named as an excluded driver.

Good luck.

Trailboss

Comment

Kid must have relatives at Palestine! If she was going a little faster and had her windows rolled down I could probably pull a slab or two out the front seat in another month!!![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Kid must have relatives at Palestine! If she was going a little faster and had her windows rolled down I could probably pull a slab or two out the front seat in another month!!![emoji23]

Another month? Shooooootttttt, dad and the neighbor caught 29 on monday. We caught these males yesterday evening. Lost about 5 more, the front blew in and messed everything up!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                                Time for some schedule 80 pipe fence.
                                This!

Comment

Working...
                                X