No announcement yet.

Funeral question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I donated our bodies to Southwest Medical School. They'll train new, young doctors on our bodies, then cremate the remains and send back to the family. Everyone's a winner!

Comment

Cremated and ashes spread on our ranch. If I outlive my wife, there is a good possibility I’ll die in our woods and be eaten by critters.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        Dig a hole, throw me in it, and plant a tree on top.
        This...but i was thinking can you do that ...govt probably looks down upon burying people random spots...but if they can wrap me up and throw me in..
        I also thought about ashes mixed in dirt and growing something. ..maybe some danimal tomatoes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Both my parent's funerals were closed casket, they said they wanted to be remembered in life, not in death. Neither was embalmed either as per their wishes. My father had thought about cremation but ultimately decided he wanted to be laid to rest next to mother as she had chosen. For me, it will be cremation and my ashes scattered in the Rockies.

Comment

There are tombstones/grave markers that you can have your ashes encapsulated into. Or you can simply have your ashes spread onto the ground on your cemetery plot, or buried in that plot. This is for the folks that feel a need to go to a certain place to visit their loved ones. As for me and my wife, we're both organ donors and have opted fo cremation.

Comment

One of our long term deer camp members passed away several years ago. His viewing and ceremony were held in Pine Bluff, Arkansas shortly after his death. He had always said to have his ashes spread out a the top of Apache Peak on our lease during mule deer season. His wife and daughters flew out to camp that year and brought Marshall's ashes. We had several inches of snow on the ground earlier that week and after everything thawed out it all turned to mush. The old Jeep Scrambler that Marshall had used for years couldn't make it up the slope and eventually broke the axle.

So, we took Marshall's ashes to another part of the ranch that overlooked Dead Horse Canyon. We built a Scottish burial cairn and put a nice mule deer buck skull on top. Caroline put a few ashes on the cairn, then let that cold west Texas wind carry the rest of his ashes out across Dead Horse Canyon. We fired a salute off in memory of Marshall, my father read some scripture from the book of Roman's, then we all went back to camp and had a drink in his honor.

That's how I want my funeral.

Comment

Cremation for me. No funeral and no memorial. Just spread my ashes on family land. I don't want a fuss now or when I die and just let me be...

I have it in my will to have a beer and bbq some time after my death and no ties are allowed tho. That is mainly just to have all my friends get together one more time on me though, not necessarily about me.

Comment

I'll be cremated and part of my ashes will be dumped in East Matagorda bay so the fish can have their revenge. I've eaten plenty of them, I guess I got it coming.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                    I will be cremated. For one, I dont want the expense for my family, 2nd, I dont want people visiting me at a cemetary, I am not there. I want my ashes spread across my favorite hunting and fishing places. I do want a memorial service, but NO crying. I want some tubs of beer and liquor pouring, music playing and all of my friends talking about the stupid stuff I did in my life.
                    This is pretty much my thinking and have told my wife and kids the same. I do need to put it in writing though.

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    One of our long term deer camp members passed away several years ago. His viewing and ceremony were held in Pine Bluff, Arkansas shortly after his death. He had always said to have his ashes spread out a the top of Apache Peak on our lease during mule deer season. His wife and daughters flew out to camp that year and brought Marshall's ashes. We had several inches of snow on the ground earlier that week and after everything thawed out it all turned to mush. The old Jeep Scrambler that Marshall had used for years couldn't make it up the slope and eventually broke the axle.

So, we took Marshall's ashes to another part of the ranch that overlooked Dead Horse Canyon. We built a Scottish burial cairn and put a nice mule deer buck skull on top. Caroline put a few ashes on the cairn, then let that cold west Texas wind carry the rest of his ashes out across Dead Horse Canyon. We fired a salute off in memory of Marshall, my father read some scripture from the book of Roman's, then we all went back to camp and had a drink in his honor.

That's how I want my funeral.
                    Sorry to hear about you having to go to PB for a funeral. I grew up there and have attended many services in my life in PB, friends and family. I think I've been inside every single funeral home in town at one time or another. My uncle is a retired minister and performs services at Cranfords FH in White Hall.

Comment

Cremation period! My wife and I have it in our wills and ALL our kids know our wishes.

My Dad was buried with full Military honors, but Mom was cremated with her Urn placed in the grave above my Dad.

Both of us think the cost of funerals with all the frills is just a play on the emotions of family! We will still have the memorial, but NO dirt purchased or all the ridiculous costs Funeral Homes try to sell you. We want our kids to have the $$ saved and have a party remembering us...NOT the costs of a traditional funeral!!!

Comment

Cremation for me but not for my wife, she wants to be pumped full of forever juice and buried. Some of my ashes will go into the plot next to her and a marker will be set for me per her wishes.

My son knows what to do with the remaining ashes and it's all in my will too.

You can have a really nice funeral when you've been cremated; there just won't be a dead body there.

Celebrations of life with images of the deceased being shown on a screen; just went to one of those for a friend of mine who was cremated.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Interesting feedback. Blake, I hope in outlive you because I want to be at that party.
                          I hope I live forever , and you live forever and 1 day .... so you and others can experience my festival of food , music, and memories

Comment

I reckon they can burn me up and throw whats left on the grass in front of the Alamo.

Comment

Working...
                            X