No announcement yet.

Real Estate Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot to be said about a good retirement and benefits. I say do it part time for now and ride it out until you can retire from the state and reevaluate.

Comment

Keep your present gig with benefits and retirement.

Comment

Appreciate the info. Do any of y'all do it part time? If so I would be interested in knowing the time you put into it part time and on the weekends. Also your success rate for the cost benefit analysis of putting in the time to start another career while still working your current one?
        I found a school that I could go to in order to be taught the material on Saturdays for several weekends or even online. I may opt to just do the class so I can dedicate the time and make sure the material and information really sinks in and I will have a point of reference to draw from in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
          Appreciate the info. Do any of y'all do it part time? If so I would be interested in knowing the time you put into it part time and on the weekends. Also your success rate for the cost benefit analysis of putting in the time to start another career while still working your current one?
          I found a school that I could go to in order to be taught the material on Saturdays for several weekends or even online. I may opt to just do the class so I can dedicate the time and make sure the material and information really sinks in and I will have a point of reference to draw from in the future.
          One question....who do you have in mind for your sponsoring Broker?? Some may be content to let you work weekends only, but that's a big part of it. If your only going to work weekends then depending on WHAT you want to sell you might be better off as a "buyers agent" only. That means you won't try to list but just take referrals from your agency for buyers.

Also, at least for me, online classes were a breeze and I never had any problems with the TREC or National Tests. Have you checked with TREC to see what classes you need to take? If you have a college degree that will eliminate a great deal of required education/hours/credits.

NOT trying to discourage you at all, but do your homework and find out FIRST what the Texas Real Estate Commission will require. Also be prepared for the "tire kickers" just dreaming and serious buyers. I never made a $$ on someone just wanting to dream and look on a Saturday or Sunday! Fortunately the land sales company I was with for years eliminated MOST of the tire kickers. Get your feet wet then look for opportunity...it's worth it if you are motivated to make $$ and ignore the comments of those who just DREAM of making the big bucks...pun intended. PM me if you want and I'll be happy to share more. Kuma

Comment

My advice as someone who worked in sales for 13 years and now works for a municipality...No way I would leave a gig with the State...get your retirement done, sounds like you're half way there and sell RE after you retire. This market is way to saturated right now with agents. Best time to start in RE is at the bottom of the next recession/housing crisis, not at the top. Best of luck whatever your decide!

Comment

Working...
            X