No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to a business connection with my family I used to cross paths with Jerry Clower from time to time when I was A kid.

Comment

The OP said famous people.

I've met Jhill313

And played Blackjack with Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds

Comment

Played in college with over 30 guys that played pro football. Dickerson in HOF. Won't list them all but 8-10 of them were pretty big names back in the day in the NFL.
        My college roommate won 3 Super Bowls for the Cowboys so I got to know most of the Cowboys from the '90's. Became pretty good friends with Aikman. Was in their bowling league for a year-they needed another couple so my wife and I filled in. I can't bowl!
        Hunted with Don Jr. and Eric for the last 3-4 years.
        Hunted with Kevin Van Dam, Larry Nixon, and Denny Braur (fisherman). One of my best friends owned (just sold it) Strike King fishing company for long time and they were reps.
        Fished for two days with Ray Scott at his ranch in Alabama. Founder of B.A.S.S.
        Went to San Diego with Tito Beverege last spring. Group of 6-8 of us. Fun trip.
        Went to the Super Bowl with Chris Fowler in New Jersey-ESPN Game Day host
        Friends with the McCoy's-Colt & Case hunt with me on our lease. They get to hunt a LOT of places but my lease is kinda theirs also-long story. BTW-Case just killed a monster (173") this weekend at another ranch.
        One of my good friends wife is Nancy Perot-Ross's daughter-not really famous though. Great lady.

Comment

Ken Caminiti used to live close by and talked with him several times before he passed. He once took me for a ride in his 62 Impala and let me ride one of his Harley's. He was a shy type guy that didn't like all people following him and was just a normal dude but had a monkey on his back that eventually took his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I am gonna meet Burnadell, in month at College Station.
            Don't waste your time. He's old, forgetful, and repeats himself over and over.
            Your time is better spent talking to someone like Ty529, or whatever his name is ... if you can find him when he's awake.

Comment

Several but the two most interesting:

*Michael McDonald of Doobie Brothers
              *Charles Haley NFL Hall of Famer

Got to comment on my meeting with Haley....we were both sitting in the airport in El Paso, of all places. Plane was running late and we talked for about 30 minutes. He was very cordial but I was wary...reputation as Bi-Polar, lol. Surprised he was no bigger than me but I'll always remember his day as a Cowboy...man turned animal on the FB field.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Several but the two most interesting:

*Michael McDonald of Doobie Brothers
                *Charles Haley NFL Hall of Famer

Got to comment on my meeting with Haley....we were both sitting in the airport in El Paso, of all places. Plane was running late and we talked for about 30 minutes. He was very cordial but I was wary...reputation as Bi-Polar, lol. Surprised he was no bigger than me but I'll always remember his day as a Cowboy...man turned animal on the FB field.
                Charles does a ton of work with a good friend of mine with inner city youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Don't waste your time. He's old, forgetful, and repeats himself over and over.
                  Your time is better spent talking to someone like Ty529, or whatever his name is ... if you can find him when he's awake.
                  Yes sir, I was sent a picture of that TY guy. He was laying on the ground with a beer can in one hand and a chicken wang in the other.

Comment

Chipper jones in Freer
                    Ken Caminiti in Freer
                    Freddie Couples at a party
                    Clyde Drexler

Comment

Lucille Ball - when I was a kid our family watched as they were filming an episode in the Grand Canyon. I was too awed/scared to talk. She was very gracious to my sister.
                      P Diddy, Sean Combs - sat across the isle from him at a concert, he signed every autograph request which I thought was nice of him. His bodyguard was Huge.
                      Adam Sandler - was taking a picture with anyone that wanted one on a bench in Central Park one afternoon, out having fun it appeared.
                      Frasier, Kelsey Grammer - always nice to my dogs when saw him when I was out walking them at night, multiple occasions
                      Sir Paul McCartney - nodded hello, he was playing with his daughter and I didn't want to interrupt
                      Robin Williams - nodded as we passed each other on the side walk
                      Sarah, Duchess of York - sat in front of us at an Aretha Franklin concert at the Apollo Theater (great show) and Sarah introduced herself to us :-)
                      Shaw Grigsby - ate crawfish with him and mutual friends, good guy
                      Lecile Harris - rodeo clown, famous in some circles, and rightly so. Great Guy, salt of the earth, and funny
                      Rudolph W. Giuliani - NYC mayor at the time, brief interaction at the store I worked in, nice fella
                      Tatum O'Neal - introduced herself to me at a wedding. Gobsmacked I was! Handled with my usual grace and polish, stuttered, mumbled, and almost fell over.
                      Last edited by wdtorque; 02-19-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Roger Clemens
                        Craig Biggio
                        Jeff Bagwell
                        CC Sabathia
                        Coco Crisp
                        Casey Hampton
                        Andy Pettitte
                        Morgan Ensberg (DB)
                        Roy Oswalt
                        Chad Qualls
                        Tim Hudson
                        Carl Crawford
                        Terry Irving
                        Patrick Bates
                        Kimble Anders
                        Reginald Ballard (Bruh-Man)
                        Andre Ware
                        Derrick Pope
                        Tim Denton
                        Mikhael Ricks
                        Patrise Alexander
                        Alex McLeod
                        Ryanne Duzich
                        Tilman Fertitta
                        Anthony Phillips

Comment

When I was a kid I followed BASS and went to one of the Rayburn tournaments and met:
                          Rick Clunn
                          Gary Klein
                          Larry Nixon
                          Denny Braur
                          John Hale
                          Lonnie Stanley

Fished against Clark Wendlant when he fished Red Man tour.

Met and talked with Randy White at a boat show once.

Met Tracy Byrd and Mark Chestnut at the Rice festival and actually fished with Mark Chestnutt down at the beach long ago.

Guided a salt water fishing tournament for NFL hall of famers:
                          Elvin Bethea
                          Bobby Bell
                          Jim Brown
                          Lem Barney
                          Deacon Jones
                          Filling in for a guy who couldn't make it was Calvin Murphy.

Met Nolan Ryan at his restaurant outside of Three Rivers/Choke Canyon

Comment

Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, and Vince Neil. Vince was an arse. I guess Mick had already retired to his sarcophagus. Nikki and Tommy were great though.

Comment

I met R,Lee ermy, big daddy ed roth,gene Winfield ,and I'm related to Lyle Lovett and and met Julie Roberts and Trust me Folks she is one UGLYYY woman in person Yikes the hollywood makeup people earn their money LOL.

Comment

When I was a kid a met Willie Nelson, Bill Bixby, Rip Torn, Joan Severance, and Kris Kristofferson when they filmed a movie in my parents restaurant.
                                Last edited by ateague11; 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X