Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Customer Service Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely have called before I drove 25 miles, but on the flips side there is absolutely no reason for the manager to be a richardhead.

Comment

I would have called and talked to a human being before ever getting it shipped there much less drove to get it without calling.

You could have saved yourself all of the grief and extra trip by just talking to the people and getting a reasonable expectation of their internal process and when the rifle would be available to pick up.

I have ordered a gun through gallery of guns in the past and had it shipped to a local FFL. They called me once they got it in and it was ready to pick up. But I did call them before I ever placed the order and knew what to expect.

Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
        If I received an email saying it was delivered I would not have called first either. Also it sounds like the manager is a chump.
        my thoughts exactly on the manager ... sounds like he needed to be worked on with the butt of that gun.

Comment

Look on the bright side... you got to go to Hondo America

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
            If I received an email saying it was delivered I would not have called first either. Also it sounds like the manager is a chump.
            X2

Comment

I have bought several guns through the mail and had them delivered to an FFL. I have used two different FFL's. Both told me they would call me when the guns were logged in and ready to be picked up. One gun was delivered late on a Monday and the FFL didn't call me till Tuesday stating it was ready. I would have called first.

Comment

I like to drive, so 25 miles ain't too bad for me.
                I also like Chunky Peanut butter.

OP the preceding had nothing to do with your post.
                I do like Chunky Peanut Butter tho.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                  I’ve ben a member of this site for several years, mostly read but rarely post. But this has really gotten me riled up.

I ordered a rifle on line and had it shipped to the feed store in Hondo. This wasn’t my first choice of businesses to chose from but they had their FFL on file so my rifle could be shipped directly without me going thru the hassle of getting a copy of a FFL and mailing it.

I got an email Monday morning that the rifle had arrived at 10:46. I jumped in the truck and off to Hondo, 25 mile trip. Got to the feed store ay 11:30, asked for my rifle and was told it wasn’t there. Told them I had an email that said it was delivered. The employee told me that FedEx delivered guns to a “shipping company” and they would bring it over sometime. 25 mile drive back home. Checked the email again. Email said it was delivered and signed for. Being irritated, I called the store manager. He showed no interest in helping with the problem but did let slip that the “shipping company” was the feed store’s loading dock. When he realized he was going to placate me, he cussed at me and hung up. Very mature of him.

The whole point was that the rifle was on the feed store’s property when I was there. Why couldn’t the feed store’s employee call the loading dock, confirm my rifle was there and have it brought over? I could have been filling out the yellow sheet while it was being brought over and been on my way. Now I have to make another 50 mile round trip to get my rifle that was there on my first trip. Just really lousy customer service, from both the manager and the gun room employee.

Rant over. You can return to your regular scheduled programming.
                  I would have called before but I have learned that the hard way. There is what I call professional world expectations and small business/small town expectations. Try finding a contractor in a small town that says they will meet you at X time or finish by X date.

Comment

Your choice was to have the firearm shipped where it was shipped....I would suggest the you choose another location in the future....the past is over and cannot be changed...worry about what you can change for the future. That said tho,I would certainly make a visit or at least a call to the owner of the store and explain my frustration with the employees.

Comment

I'm guessing your email was from UPS or Fedex letting you know the package was delivered and not from the FFL saying it was ready?

While they could have handled it better.... FFL's have a process of booking incoming items in before they can be picked up. Depending on how many firearms they get per day, or how they manage their business and incoming inventory, this could take some time. Most FFL's only have 1 or 2 people that touch the log books so those guys may have been busy or not there are the time. Just because it's "delivered" does not mean it is ready to be picked up.

Always give a FFL a reasonable amount of time after delivery to make contact with you before getting too upset.

Comment

Customer service gets worse and worse every year

Comment

Working...
                        X