Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ready for a docmay adventure? I am!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. Hope the fish are biting.

Comment

Can't wait to see the selfie pics with the sails...

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        The rods are theirs. They use 14 and 15 weights. Biggest I have are 10 and 12. I’m using their stuff.

The boy’s stepmother is a “hair artist” and takes charge of these things. Most I can talk him in to is a trim. We are trying to teach the importance of the outdoors and school but losing on hygiene and hair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        He is wearing a Tech hat and spending time hunting and fishing. The hair will work itself out eventually.

Comment

The rods are theirs. They use 14 and 15 weights. Biggest I have are 10 and 12. I’m using their stuff.

The boy’s stepmother is a “hair artist” and takes charge of these things. Most I can talk him in to is a trim. We are trying to teach the importance of the outdoors and school but losing on hygiene and hair!

Hair is a fad and will change. Hygiene won’t kick in until girls come into play. Then watch out! Stock up on body wash and cologne now!!

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Tight lines today fellas!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck today!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                    Hair is a fad and will change. Hygiene won’t kick in until girls come into play. Then watch out! Stock up on body wash and cologne now!!

Stock up on the cream rinse too[emoji33]

Comment

Well, junior doesn’t like whiskey! I learned that drinking buffalo trace on the plane! We made it to Guatemala without incident and are in the van headed to the lodge. Just like his mother, Jr is asleep. The Modelo is flowing for the larger of the doc’s!!!! Going to be an early morning but I’ll post up pics when I can.

Maybe a victory cigar for the first fish will help

Mine won a bet with his buddy last year taking a shot for 10 bucks. I hope his disdain for firewater stays.

Comment

Time to wet a hook! Y'all have a great time. Will check in later.

Comment

We didn’t set the world on fire today but we caught fish, had fun and hopefully learned the drill. We had the boat setup for fly fishing all day. If the fish didn’t tease in close for a fly cast then junior or the deckhand pitched a live bait to them. It was all light tackle and up close! I got the first one I threw a fly at to eat and then proceeded to break him off with a massive strip set! The second one came off on the first jump. I landed the third. All three that were teased up close are the fly.

Junior hooked two dorado early but both came unglued after fighting for a while. He did land one sailfish on a live bait.

I landed the biggest of the day on a live bait as well. I bet we had 15-20 raises, 9 sails bite, hooked 5 and landed 3.

My sailfish on a fly!

Comment

My first fish of the trip.

Junior being junior. Just like his mother!!!

Junior and his fish!

Comment

Comment

I try to talk to him about the hair and clothes but it’s no use! At least we have him hunting and fishing and studying.

Look back at what people were wearing on middle/high school! I bet there are plenty of neon colored shorts, jamz, bright colored tank tops, mullet type hairdos or even rat tails...I bet he will be alright!

Comment

Working...
                                X