Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after reading Peter Capstick's books, Rhinos seem too dumb to even hunt lol

Comment

Yep. There are more Axis, Blackbuck, Nilgai, Barasinga, etc. in Texas than in India. More Scimitar Oryx in Texas than in Middle East/North Africa wild (I think those might even be extinct or nearly extinct in the wild?). More tigers captive in Texas than in the wild (or so claims Joe Rogan)

Those are just the ones I know of. I'm sure there are others.

Will not be surprised to see the same thing true with Rhinos if they bring some stock in.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        What other animals has Texas saved from extinction?
        don't forget all the people that flee to Texas to find work because their states suck Not speaking of anyone specifically just a reference in general with all the cali people etc flooding into the state and fudging things up for us that hoped to have some land one day at non astronomical prices

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          My husband said on Monday that he heard on Texas Ag News that African countries are going to send white rhinos to south Texas in an effort to save them from extinction. Apparently, south Texas does a better job protecting against poachers than these African countries and south Texas environment mirrors the native habitat for these white rhinos.

My initial thoughts - I'd like to see the article first, then, why not? Texas has saved several other animals from extinction.

My next thought - what kind of fence does one need to keep a rhino in???

As my father in law used to say -- "Someone got the bright idea ...."
          I had heard this awhile back also, but that was the end of it till now. Don't they have a couple at the drive thru wildlife park out by SA?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            They will tear up a bunch of high fences

Is there a goFundme sponsorship?

Comment

Awesome! I wanna see one

Comment

Originally Posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                My next thought - what kind of fence does one need to keep a rhino in???

There used to be rhinos at the animal park in Clifton. The fence was made out of highway guard rails, about 8' high.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                  From what I understand the main reason it hasn't already been happening is $$$. Very expensive to catch, transport (especially transport), & care for once they are here.

Negative.....the $ is there & has been spent; there are rhinos under TX private ownership in Africa now.

The issue is transport/ownership regulation. Currently limited to licensed "zoos". More private folks are going thru that prcs now...it takes time.

As far as fencing...4" sch 40 pipe with 8" corners, 5-6' tall is what it takes

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                    don't forget all the people that flee to Texas to find work because their states suck Not speaking of anyone specifically just a reference in general with all the cali people etc flooding into the state and fudging things up for us that hoped to have some land one day at non astronomical prices
                    Not sure what exactly this had to do with what endangered species were saved, but alright, I gotcha lol

Comment

There have.been rhinos ,not sure black or white, on a certain ranch in south Texas for several decades already.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        There have.been rhinos ,not sure black or white, on a certain ranch in south Texas for several decades already.
                        I think (I could be wrong) Pablo Escobar had them on his ranch as well. Along with giraffes and lions.

Comment

Pablos ranch wasnt in S Texas.and he had a zoo there.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            They will tear up a bunch of high fences
                            Maybe they could use the THUMP fence on one side...

Comment

We already have a white rino in Cedar Hill http://whiterhinocoffee.com/

Comment

Tried some white rhino back in my younger days. Never ate so many Cheerios at one sitting in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X