No announcement yet.

More CWD info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to be devil's advocate. If you just let a the exotics die and they have CWD they then infect your ranch but at least you and the state don't know about it. I really question some of the thought process that goes into the rules and regs. This is a complex subject that is above my pay grade and I am not sure what the best avenue is to take but it really seems like it is going to be something we have to deal with rather than avoid.

Comment

More CWD info

As far as i'm concerned, i've tested 100% negative on all exotic samples sent in for testing. If I pop positive in the future, my position will be the state's whitetail both inside/outside my fence & the state's entities chartered to steward that resource are to blame, & i will pursue that to the fullest extent i can financially ....including diminished property value for the next _______generations of my family

I didn't work my butt off to be able to build what i did for myself & my family just to let some politcal horse's arses ruin it b/c they choose to play games as opposed to doing the work
      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 02-13-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
        As far as i'm concerned, i've tested 100% negative on all exotic samples sent in for testing. If I pop positive in the future, my position will be the state's whitetail both inside/outside my fence & the state's entities chartered to steward that resource are to blame, & i will pursue that to the fullest extent i can financially ....including diminished property value for the next _______generations of my family

I didn't work my butt off to be able to build what i did for myself & my family just to let some politcal horse's arses ruin it b/c they choose to play games as opposed to doing the work
        I'm backing you all the way but good luck filing a lawsuit against the State.

Comment

The "what if" risk factor is why I don't understand those voluntarily testing deer. There is absolutely no upside to a landowner to cooperate without a clearly defined protocol in the event of a positive test.

Comment

More CWD info

Ppppffft...even involuntarily...what is the protocol for exotics w/ positive results? As far as i know it's whatever "they" decide & structure into rules/law after the fact to cya themselves....

there is no leadership/accountability in their processes/program mgmnt, it's embarrassingly apparent...

yet folks that love to put holes in critters have an "oh i'll jump up when it affects me personally" attitude..."this is a landowner issue not a me as a hunter issue". I don't get why folks have to be slapped in the face with reality before the hampster get's on its wheel

As a producer/steward...i hate it & will do anything i can to help the owner & the hunter; as a fellow hole puncher, i have what's coming to me if I don't stand up & say STOP....enough is enough, either do your job or get the hell outta the way ....or.... just tell the truth....it's here to stay, get used to it
            Last edited by RodinaRanč; 02-13-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I just listened to episode 70 of the Meateater Podcast on CWD with Bryan Richards of the National Wildlife Health Center in Wisconsin. Lots of good information for anyone to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I just listened to episode 70 of the Meateater Podcast on CWD with Bryan Richards of the National Wildlife Health Center in Wisconsin. Lots of good information for anyone to listen to.
                Is it? There is a lot that disagree with his thoughts, especially in it causing long term populations decreases.

We have higher densities on lower CC habitat then ever before, then a lovely fire comes through and boom population explodes. Weird, who would of think it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                  Is it? There is a lot that disagree with his thoughts, especially in it causing long term populations decreases.

We have higher densities on lower CC habitat then ever before, then a lovely fire comes through and boom population explodes. Weird, who would of think it.
                  He stated over and over that it has caused long term decline in local areas only and had not shown a regional impact yet.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    He stated over and over that it has caused long term decline in local areas only and had not shown a regional impact yet.
                    Local areas are burned areas, that’s the way fire works...local areas have migration areas that’s how winter works.

Again local populations have hit peak CC in many areas. That CC is in general a downward slope, because the change in natural habitat management occurances have been stricken from the land scape.

Every population has destinct increases and decreases do to Mother Nature, as habitat shrinks and densities increase, it’s need become more apparent.

Define long term? 80 years ago elk and mule deer had just barely come back enough to finally have a limited hunting season in a hand full of states.

So local areas are declining to match carrying capacity or is because predators are CWD resistant or snowfall or loss of winter range or.... blah blah blah.

Blaming a disease that has a longer gestation then normal life expectancy is a stretch especially when you ignore the most obvious and more apparent reasoning. Hell its obvious for population declines everywhere that CWD hasn’t been observed or had a positive test.

Re-listen and hear Steve start and then bite his tongue on these very same topics. CWD is not good, neither is anthrax, EHD etc. Extinction via disease is an interesting topic, if we lived on an small island and not a continent then this conversation would be much different and indeed dire.

Comment

Working...
                    X