Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    The pics on the ap are on the database. They are already out of the camera and sent to Covert servers. The delay is from their database to your phone so it really shouldn’t have anything to do with your specific camera. The ap does not grab from your camera. On the rare occasion I get a black pic it downloads within a few seconds....and that is rare. Sounds like a phone download/signal issue.

Have y’all tried to view your pics online on a computer. I do when I’m working because it’s a bigger screen and never have black pics there.
    x2! Well said. Not a camera issue 100% true

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      My cams sending me 100+ pics a day of blank pics between 11-4 several other guys i know are having the same issue any ideas? Only thing i can think is heat.
      Most cameras will do this. TUrn the camera off middle of the day. I have mine off from 9-6 right now. Can be done under TImer.

Leave sensitivity on high so you don't miss smaller animals or animals not moving much. Just turn it off middle of day. No action anyways in this heat

DUring season when cooler, I run it all day
      Last edited by gingib; 08-08-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        Most cameras will do this. TUrn the camera off middle of the day. I have mine off from 9-6 right now. Can be done under TImer.

Leave sensitivity on high so you don't miss smaller animals or animals not moving much. Just turn it off middle of day. No action anyways in this heat

DUring season when cooler, I run it all day
        Ok thanks

Comment

When I ran Coverts the sensitivity worked opposite of what you think it would. I'm not sure about now. Back a couple of years ago "high" sensitivity meant it was set for high heat and actually low sensitivity. Might be something to look into just to make sure. So if you set it to "low" back then it actually made it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Getting tons of pics on my spartan in the afternoon heat. Any one try a sun shade of some sort? I figured it would just give the spiders and wasps a new overhang to build and obscure the view.

My buddy's Spartan does the same thing..it runs away in the heat of the day....especially if he has something silver reflecting off a feeder or a good wind blowing. None of them are immune to it. it is what it is..

My Coverts get less pics during the day than his does....especially now that I moved it to low sensitivity. I'm down to 2-3 per camera on 3 separate cameras. And those could easily be a bird flying through to get corn. That being said, I'm sure there are folks that are just the opposite

I have all my notices off except the badge on the app icon so the runaway doesn't really bother me as long as I have plenty of pics left. Not an issue now anyway.
            Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

My buddy's Spartan does the same thing..it runs away in the heat of the day....especially if he has something silver reflecting off a feeder or a good wind blowing. None of them are immune to it.

My Coverts get less pics during the day than his does....especially now that I moved it to low sensitivity. I'm down to 2-3 per camera on 3 separate cameras. And those could easily be a bird flying through to get corn.

I have all my notices off except the bad on the app icon so the runaway doesn't really bother me as long as I have plenty of pics left. Not an issue now anyway.
              I too do not get many random pics on mine

Comment

My buddy's Spartan does the same thing..it runs away in the heat of the day....especially if he has something silver reflecting off a feeder or a good wind blowing. None of them are immune to it. it is what it is..

My Coverts get less pics during the day than his does....especially now that I moved it to low sensitivity. I'm down to 2-3 per camera on 3 separate cameras. And those could easily be a bird flying through to get corn. That being said, I'm sure there are folks that are just the opposite

I have all my notices off except the bad on the app icon so the runaway doesn't really bother me as long as I have plenty of pics left. Not an issue now anyway.
                You got that right. They are all made in China. It's a shame we can't build anything here any more and compete in the market.

Comment

I have all my notices off except the badge on the app icon so the runaway doesn't really bother me as long as I have plenty of pics left. Not an issue now anyway.
                  I run 4 coverts and 2 spartans! Let me tell you, they all do it.

Do Covert do it a little more, slightly.

SPartans app won't let you turn it completely off. It has to take 1 pic every hour. Coverts will allow you to turn it off AND while still being able to send for a command.

I can go on and on. They each have their own pros and cons

Comment

How do the 2018 model code blacks work with a weak signal? I want to put it up here at my house, but our cell phones only have one to two bars of signal, and if it's like my old camera, that's not good enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      How do the 2018 model code blacks work with a weak signal? I want to put it up here at my house, but our cell phones only have one to two bars of signal, and if it's like my old camera, that's not good enough.

The newer model Coverts and Spartans will most likely get a better signal than your phone. There are external antennas available if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        I run 4 coverts and 2 spartans! Let me tell you, they all do it.

Do Covert do it a little more, slightly.

SPartans app won't let you turn it completely off. It has to take 1 pic every hour. Coverts will allow you to turn it off AND while still being able to send for a command.

I can go on and on. They each have their own pros and cons
                        You can set the spartan to where it won’t take any pictures during a certain time of day. If you only program one of the start/stop timers, it will take no pictures outside of that timeframe you set.

You can use both start/stop timers as well to do this. Any time not within the two timeframes will get no pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Roscoe; 08-17-2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          The newer model Coverts and Spartans will most likely get a better signal than your phone. There are external antennas available if needed.
                          I always tell people that anywhere your cell phone works your cellular Camera will work. And in many cases your cellular camera will work in places your phone won’t. The difference in the internal antenna (phone) vs external antenna (Cell cam).

Comment

I have two att coverts and 1 Verizon. All 3g cams. My two att cams haven’t been working the last two months and I can’t figure out why. My Verizon started not working except a random pic once every couple days this last week. I brought one of them back home today and gonna call covert. Hope it’s something simple. My other two are out west. Starting to get a little frustrated. I believe the two att are 2015-16 models and the Verizon I got last yr about this time. I don’t think anything has changed on the att side that I’m aware of. They all show good battery and are connecting to server. They are taking pics, just not sending to the app.

Comment

Good to hear, I'll go ahead and open the package and see if it will work.
                              Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              I always tell people that anywhere your cell phone works your cellular Camera will work. And in many cases your cellular camera will work in places your phone won’t. The difference in the internal antenna (phone) vs external antenna (Cell cam).

Comment

FYI i had two Verizon Blackhawks at my lease both 3-G. I would get a signal 40% most of the time then drop to 20% sometimes but that was good enough. I brought one home in the spring and had it upgraded to 4-G at a cost of $241.00 After 6-8 weeks I got it back and when I set it up at the lease I get 100% signal. I guess the 4-G signal is stronger. After this season is over I will upgrade the other one.

Comment

Working...
                                X