No announcement yet.

Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I called them for upgrade info I wish they would have told me 3-4 months before it would ship. I could have bought Bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Did you get any after that today before you sent us that screen shot? Like an afternoon feeding? That would have updated it from noon.

My highest percentages are around 2-5pm after its had sun all day..

I got some around 3:20 and checked it then. It was at 60%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I turned my delay to 24 hours and the eneloop pros and deer feeder 6 volt solar panels have holding 60-70% charge. I've been meaning to add another solar panel to see if that allows me to decrease the delay.

Anybody know much about the stealth cam that's coming out in March. A friend of mine will be able to get them to me for a lot less than the coverts and multiple cameras can be looked at on one app without having to log out and log in each camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did you get any after that today before you sent us that screen shot? Like an afternoon feeding? That would have updated it from noon.

My highest percentages are around 2-5pm after its had sun all day..

It took a pic at 1:56pm and it’s at 60%. It may have to do with the width of the lane I have it on. It’s about 20’ wide. That being said, covert says their panels perform well in low light

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
            It took a pic at 1:56pm and it’s at 60%. It may have to do with the width of the lane I have it on. It’s about 20’ wide. That being said, covert says their panels perform well in low light

I bet that's it. Pine tree canopy?

Comment

I bet that's it. Pine tree canopy?

Yep

Comment

I hate when it drops at all. Just me personally. My setup stays at 9 or 100% at all time. It drives me nuts when it drops down. Once it drops it rarely ever gets back to 9

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  I hate when it drops at all. Just me personally. My setup stays at 9 or 100% at all time. It drives me nuts when it drops down. Once it drops it rarely ever gets back to 9

You have to be running something besides Eneloops and the covert panel or you get very few pics a day?

Comment

You have to be running something besides Eneloops and the covert panel or you get very few pics a day?

I am sticking with the old method of a 10W solar panel, 12v and 6/12v covert cord. Stays at 9 all the time even in shade.

I get roughly 20,000 pics for 3 months on 4 cameras total.

Comment

I am sticking with the old method of a 10W solar panel, 12v and 6/12v covert cord. Stays at 9 all the time even in shade.

What year model camera?

Comment

What year model camera?
                        2 of the Code Black 12.0 and 2 of the Code Black 12.1

Comment

it dropped to 20% last night and now its back to 40%. Sad thing is it didn't take a pic for about a week and a half because my card was full, the overwrite was off, and I didn't realize until yesterday that I could turn it on from my phone. My brother has the same batteries in his I put them in on the same day and he is cruising along at 40% and he doesn't have his solar panel yet. Seems it didn't last even 2 weeks this time but its not dead yet. I went ahead and set timers so hopefully it will save it until I get back up there.

Comment

this is my next option I guess. I don't want to have to run any timers and I want it in real-time 24/7 or else it will frustrate me

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                              this is my next option I guess. I don't want to have to run any timers and I want it in real-time 24/7 or else it will frustrate me

Gotta be your location, a faulty solar or a faulty camera. This week after a restocking of my cotton seed, I am getting 60-75 pics a day and I am sitting at 80% right now in the middle of the day with the same setup..

Have you tried to put the camera anywhere else to check the camera setup? Like in your backyard for a few days? Somewhere it can get full sun just to make sure it is not a panel or camera issue.

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

Gotta be your location, a faulty solar or a faulty camera. This week after a restocking of my cotton seed, I am getting 60-75 pics a day and I am sitting at 80% right now in the middle of the day with the same setup..

Have you tried to put the camera anywhere else to check the camera setup? Like in your backyard for a few days? Somewhere it can get full sun just to make sure it is not a panel or camera issue.

Not yet I’m hunting this stand every other Friday for pigs. What is your trigger interval set on

Last edited by Easttxhunterr; 03-14-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X