No announcement yet.

Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a notice that my credit card has been charged. Maybe they are finally going to start shipping the new models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      My coverts are still holding strong at 100%.

It never leaves 9 all day erday

Mine is the same with the new model solar panel with the 6V battery. It’s never dipped below full charge since January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Mine is the same with the new model solar panel with the 6V battery. It’s never dipped below full charge since January.

Let see this new model solar panel and 6V battery.....Haven't heard about a new version.

Comment

Just got notice that my replacement camera was shipped today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Mine are holding strong with a cheap 10watt solar panel. Had cheaper AA rechargeable s in there going on 2-3 years.

Every 6-9 months seems a 12v will go bad. But that's an easy fix

From my 3-4 year experience with Coverts and many attempts I have found what I am sticking with. It is more about a strong solar panel then anything. Not a cheap WI feeder panel.

Can find them on Amazon for $20-30 max. 10watts with a controller

I am really interested in seeing your setup @gingib! I just bought a Covert Code Black and am trying to determine the best solution for power. I’m not sure that solar will have adequate sunlight due to thick pine trees in the area, so I’m trying to find more information on using auxiliary battery/batteries. I’ve read through forums for days, and your solution sounds like the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Let see this new model solar panel and 6V battery.....Haven't heard about a new version.

This! I haven’t seen any new model solar panels yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Also interested in seeing this setup!

Comment

Well changing the delay has definitely made a difference. It has not been off of 80% since I changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                    Well changing the delay has definitely made a difference. It has not been off of 80% since I changed it.
                    Do what ever works for you.. I seriously think though if you put it on real time now that the battery has caught up, it will catch up every evening like all the other using the system. Now if you put it back down in the pines with no sun then I'd stay on the delay.

I guess the question is, does it really take you 24 hours to get a pic you called for on a 24 hour delay?? If that's the case, I would not be a fan of the delay. I like to be able to call for a picture when I want it....especially when it is possibly raining. Love these cameras when a storm rolls in because there is no more wondering. Heck my landowner who lives 12 miles away from the ranch texts me for updates on the place so I need to be in Real Time for commando pics...

Comment

Do what ever works for you.. I seriously think though if you put it on real time now that the battery has caught up, it will catch up every evening like all the other using the system. Now if you put it back down in the pines with no sun then I'd stay on the delay.

I guess the question is, does it really take you 24 hours to get a pic you called for on a 24 hour delay?? If that's the case, I would not be a fan of the delay. I like to be able to call for a picture when I want it....especially when it is possibly raining. Love these cameras when a storm rolls in because there is no more wondering. Heck my landowner who lives 12 miles away from the ranch texts me for updates on the place so I need to be in Real Time for commando pics...
                      it was on real time for a week in its current location and it seemed to be draining constantly. I guess the only real test would be to let it go until it dies or not to see if it would work. Real time will be more important to me closer to deer season.

Comment

it was on real time for a week in its current location and it seemed to be draining constantly. I guess the only real test would be to let it go until it dies or not to see if it would work. Real time will be more important to me closer to deer season.
                        Did you ever check it during the middle of the day on Real Time like I suggested several times? You were waiting for the 24 hours to pass and then was going to put it on Real Time so you could go through a morning feeding, then check it around 3-4 on a sunny day to see if what I said was true in that the percentage updates only after a pic is sent......and it's actually charging better than you think.

does it really take you 24 hours to get a pic you called for on a 24 hour delay??

Comment

Did you ever check it during the middle of the day on Real Time like I suggested several times? You were waiting for the 24 hours to pass and then was going to put it on Real Time so you could go through a morning feeding, then check it around 3-4 on a sunny day to see if what I said was true in that the percentage updates only after a pic is sent......and it's actually charging better than you think.

does it really take you 24 hours to get a pic you called for on a 24 hour delay??
                          yes I did. It was always at 40-60% it never recovered until I put it in a delay. And yes it takes 24hrs

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            New for 2018 is the latest LTE technology which will improve battery life and the speed of the wireless functions. The Code Black LTE continues with the ability to send texts, emails or both within the Covert Wireless mobile app and web-portal. The app includes guest access abilities and the power to retrieve high resolution images. The Code Black LTE sends instant pictures or 5 second videos using AT&T’s approved cellular network. Reliability at its finest, Covert Scouting Cameras continues to revolutionize the wireless trail camera industry.
                            Features:
                            • Dimensions: 6in x 4.75in x 3.5in
                            • 12 Megapixels
                            • 52° field of view
                            • .65 second trigger speed
                            • 60 No Glow LED’s
                            • 100 foot flash range
                            • 12 AA batteries
                            • Invisible flash technology
                            • 1-10 turbo shot burst
                            • Maximum Silence Image Capture[emoji769]
                            • Time/date/temp/moon phase stamp
                            • 2” color viewer
                            • Pipe through security
                            • Up to 64GB SD card

Since we’re talking about the Covert Code Black in this forum, I will give another update regarding my new 2018 Code Black LTE. Hopefully this information will be helpful to someone now or in the future.

I finally got my Code Black LTE up and running. I am using the Amazon Basics High-Capacity (2,400 mAh) batteries as recommended in this forum, and a SanDisk 64GB SDXC card (more on this below). I will be adding supplemental 12V power and/or solar as soon as I make a decision on which will be best for me after I find the best spot to hang and conceal the camera.

Now that my new LTE is up and running, I can not get it to transmit photos or communicate with the portal/app. It is giving an error message “Error:22 No SD Card” when I try to manually send a test photo (Note that I do indeed have a SD card installed). Also, it will not download/install firmware updates. I called Covert Support for assistance with resolving this issue. After some troubleshooting and a few questions, I was advised that this issue is due to the type of SD card being used. Keep in mind that one of the improvements for the 2018 model is that it will support a 64GB SD card, whereas previous models would only support up to 32GB. However, Covert Support has now informed me that the 2018 WILL NOT support SDXC cards, and that it will only support SD or SDHC cards. I was instructed to buy a compatible card and call back if I had any issues after the new card was installed. I searched and searched and searched online. From what I could find, there is no such thing as a 64GB SD or 64GB SDHC card. All I can find is SDXC. So, I called Covert Support again and spoke to a different person. This person very confidently informed me that he/she has argued this with numerous customers and that I was wrong. They advised that I can easily find a 64GB SD or 64GB SDHC card online, and that they have recently purchased one themselves from Walmart.com. I asked them to email me a link for my reference, as I was unable to locate anything after looking on my own. After several minutes of trying to locate a link to send to me, they reluctantly admitted that they were unable to find anything. The call ended with them taking my email address, and promising to continue searching for a compatible 64GB SD or SDHC card to share with me. 1.5 hours later and I still have not received an email. I continued my search after the phone call, and have yet to find such a thing. According to numerous articles and blog postings that I have read, SD = <2GB; SDHC = 2GB-32GB; and SDXC = >32GB. I realize that a simple solution would be to just buy a 32GB card, but the storage capacity was one of many reasons that I bought this camera over other models and other brands. Can anyone in the forums assist with this?

TL;DR
                            2018 Code Black LTE is supposed to support a 64GB memory card, but will not support SDXC type memory cards. I am unable find a compatible (SD or SDHC) 64GB memory card, and so far Covert Support can’t recommend one either.

Comment

yes I did. It was always at 40-60% it never recovered until I put it in a delay. And yes it takes 24hrs

That's just weird.. ....Meaning unlike any of the 8 cameras, I and my lease and regular buddies run with the same setups.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
                                Since we’re talking about the Covert Code Black in this forum, I will give another update regarding my new 2018 Code Black LTE. Hopefully this information will be helpful to someone now or in the future.

I finally got my Code Black LTE up and running. I am using the Amazon Basics High-Capacity (2,400 mAh) batteries as recommended in this forum, and a SanDisk 64GB SDXC card (more on this below). I will be adding supplemental 12V power and/or solar as soon as I make a decision on which will be best for me after I find the best spot to hang and conceal the camera.

Now that my new LTE is up and running, I can not get it to transmit photos or communicate with the portal/app. It is giving an error message “Error:22 No SD Card” when I try to manually send a test photo (Note that I do indeed have a SD card installed). Also, it will not download/install firmware updates. I called Covert Support for assistance with resolving this issue. After some troubleshooting and a few questions, I was advised that this issue is due to the type of SD card being used. Keep in mind that one of the improvements for the 2018 model is that it will support a 64GB SD card, whereas previous models would only support up to 32GB. However, Covert Support has now informed me that the 2018 WILL NOT support SDXC cards, and that it will only support SD or SDHC cards. I was instructed to buy a compatible card and call back if I had any issues after the new card was installed. I searched and searched and searched online. From what I could find, there is no such thing as a 64GB SD or 64GB SDHC card. All I can find is SDXC. So, I called Covert Support again and spoke to a different person. This person very confidently informed me that he/she has argued this with numerous customers and that I was wrong. They advised that I can easily find a 64GB SD or 64GB SDHC card online, and that they have recently purchased one themselves from Walmart.com. I asked them to email me a link for my reference, as I was unable to locate anything after looking on my own. After several minutes of trying to locate a link to send to me, they reluctantly admitted that they were unable to find anything. The call ended with them taking my email address, and promising to continue searching for a compatible 64GB SD or SDHC card to share with me. 1.5 hours later and I still have not received an email. I continued my search after the phone call, and have yet to find such a thing. According to numerous articles and blog postings that I have read, SD = <2GB; SDHC = 2GB-32GB; and SDXC = >32GB. I realize that a simple solution would be to just buy a 32GB card, but the storage capacity was one of many reasons that I bought this camera over other models and other brands. Can anyone in the forums assist with this?

TL;DR
                                2018 Code Black LTE is supposed to support a 64GB memory card, but will not support SDXC type memory cards. I am unable find a compatible (SD or SDHC) 64GB memory card, and so far Covert Support can’t recommend one either.

I can't help you with that exact card....but you do realize that 64GB is about 30,000 pics storage set at 8MP?... right? Maybe even a little more.

Also there is an overwrite button that lets you overwrite the oldest pics if your card does become full. Now I set mine strictly for the wireless part and have it on constant overwrite so I never touch the 8GB card. I have a real TC camera to taking my pics every minute during season so I dont miss anything...because with my signal the Covert can't process it fast enough to take a pic every 1-2 minutes. It runs best on every 4 minutes or greater.

Comment

Working...
                                X