No announcement yet.

Atv registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a Ranger 4-5 years, i would never register it. But then again it stays in the country

Comment

Registration requirements must be met so your tax $$ can be collected.

Comment

The title I don't think is required. Some issued them some didn't back then. Kawasaki dealership didn't issue one on the mule I bought as it wasn't required back then.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I still have the title on the 2001 that burnt up in a fire several years ago

I have a policy with progressive on my ranger and a honda 4-wheeler and neither have registration. Insurance has the VINS and thats it

Comment

I thought it might be needed to get an OHV permit for Colorado public lands hunt? Getting to be more trouble than it’s worth though. I went to Fort Bend today and they rejected my paperwork cause the date had been scratched through and revised even though I had the guys signature on the 130u. Now they want an affidavit. Screw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a pita

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              I thought it might be needed to get an OHV permit for Colorado public lands hunt? Getting to be more trouble than it’s worth though. I went to Fort Bend today and they rejected my paperwork cause the date had been scratched through and revised even though I had the guys signature on the 130u. Now they want an affidavit. Screw it.

Im not sure about public but we were required by the state to carry proof of ownership when we used them on private.

If its an EFI machine be prepared to noticed a little less power. Only one carbed bike gave us an issue and that was a yamaha. And it just got to be cold natured at 8000 feet

Comment

If you go to Tomball get there about half hour before it opens... I went last week took me multiple trips to even decide to try and go in. Your right about other offices still being closed due to flooring so all those folks are going to Tomball now

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                  If you go to Tomball get there about half hour before it opens... I went last week took me multiple trips to even decide to try and go in. Your right about other offices still being closed due to flooring so all those folks are going to Tomball now
                  I drove by there twice and saw at least 20 people lined up outside, in the rain. Probably another 30 were inside in the line wrapped around to the bathroom. No thanks.

Fort Bend has a nice setup with digital queuing system and 7 windows. Still not gonna bother with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    If you choose to insure it, having it registered in your name is a must.

That must be up to the insurer.
                    I have 2 quads insured that I never transferred the titles on.

I plan on taking one of those to Arkansas to ride Wolf Pen Gap this summer (along with a sxs) and now wonder if I need to get the title in my name before I leave.
                    I don't see how they would know whose name its in, heck some states don't issue titles from what I've heard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Polaris RZR. I've never transfered the title from the original owner. I have insurance, and I've ridden at Wolf pen gap and it doesn't need to be registered.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyMac View Post
                        I have Polaris RZR. I've never transfered the title from the original owner. I have insurance, and I've ridden at Wolf pen gap and it doesn't need to be registered.

Good to know, thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Get your titles updated its like only $30. It sure helps us get them back to the rightful owner when they are stolen. I can't tell you how many people I have tracked down to only find out they don't remember who they sold it to. The vehicle identification number goes in the system just like your car only no license plate.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Fill out a new one....place old one up against a window with good light.....place new one on top so old signature shows through......copy with pen......I heard that works......

Comment

all the ones I own aint worth registering.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                                Get your titles updated its like only $30. It sure helps us get them back to the rightful owner when they are stolen. I can't tell you how many people I have tracked down to only find out they don't remember who they sold it to. The vehicle identification number goes in the system just like your car only no license plate.

So can I get the titles updated (put in my name) without registering the quads?
                                Or is that two of the same?

Comment

Working...
                                X