POLL: Would you take this lease deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    They may not have a problem with you hunting on the 40 acres. But what could happen is since there is a road/easment that runs through the 40 acres, they can always drive it at dusk and dawn, everyday. I've seen this happen. It happened to us when we had a lease down here in So. Tx. We had a land owner South of our lease and he would honk his horn, of his truck, and drive the fence line on his side of the property. I don't know how often he did this as I was not on the lease all the time. But I did hear the horn a couple of times, and other leasee's complained about it. What a JERK.
    Something like you're describing falls into the category of hunter harassment I believe. I'm pretty sure a game warden would come to your defense it the jerk did it consistently.

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned about the size of the place. My major concern is if I have the legal right to go to and from the property. What will stop the neighbor from putting a lock on the gate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is an old saying " If it sounds too good to be true it probably is".(Its old because it is good saying).From the information you have posted regarding price etc. it sounds like this guy is going to use you as the point man to try and establish ROW access to his property.The fact that you are in law enforcement suggests a position of authority that he probably thinks would help him in that regard.I cannot imagine the owner of a large ranch being thrilled about anyone coming through his main entrance gate and driving past his house to access a small parcel of property on which to hunt.When confronted with the issue the landowner will likely tie it up in court or simply high fence around it.Regardless you probably will not have access to it for long.Whatever the amount you pay no matter how reasonable might be wasted.One quick visit with the landowner will answer you questions.

Comment

Originally posted by limbbender View Post
          There is an old saying " If it sounds too good to be true it probably is".(Its old because it is good saying).From the information you have posted regarding price etc. it sounds like this guy is going to use you as the point man to try and establish ROW access to his property.The fact that you are in law enforcement suggests a position of authority that he probably thinks would help him in that regard.I cannot imagine the owner of a large ranch being thrilled about anyone coming through his main entrance gate and driving past his house to access a small parcel of property on which to hunt.When confronted with the issue the landowner will likely tie it up in court or simply high fence around it.Regardless you probably will not have access to it for long.Whatever the amount you pay no matter how reasonable might be wasted.One quick visit with the landowner will answer you questions.

I agree 100% and see this as being completely the case. I have reached out to land owner and we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who cares it’s free
            Worst case scenario it doesn’t work out, you loose nothing. If it works out you have a honey hole
            I think a lot of people are overthinking this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think your doing the right thing. Reach out to the large tract landowner and discuss the situation. It may be good or not. Only one way to find out.

Comment

Go for it.
                And I’ll even hunt with you and I’ll get in the beef with someone so you won’t risk your job [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                X