POLL: Would you take this lease deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
    So the land owner does not have a deeded right away to the property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I can find at this point, no...

Still waiting on some stuff from courthouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it would be fairly easy to gauge the large ranch LO and feel them out.

I dont think there would be an issue if it was me.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        If i owned the place that surrounded it and some dude was hunting 40 acres in the middle, I'd create them a 40-acre HF "paradise". Sorry, would **** me off.

That’s absolutely ridiculous! You either bought a place surrounding the 40ac, or you sold the 40ac. Now your gonna get pizzed because someone wants to hunt their own property????

Bisch

Comment

Sounds fishy to me. The legal part with a ROW does not add up. He want's you to deal with his headache

keep us posted how it plays out. Just suspicious to me. May run into legal issues and problems with neighbors

Comment

From reading the thread it sounds like there is no easement, I would not do it.

Comment

If no deeded easement, I would talk to the landowner who's place you have to access through. If he is not okay with it, then it is not worth the headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                From what I can find at this point, no...

Still waiting on some stuff from courthouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not certain that the neighboring land owner has to "give" you a deeded right away. That is something the buyer/landowner should have negotiated prior to closing. The landowner will have to fight this fight if he wants legal access to the property. It will require a survey crew, attorney and documents to be filled if the neighbor even grants the permission. I'm not sure I would want to get involved with this. By law you have no legal right to cross the neighbors property.

I had to go through a right away issue when we bought our place out west. Luckily I only had to negotiate with the seller and not the neighbors since that deeded right away was already established.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  That’s absolutely ridiculous! You either bought a place surrounding the 40ac, or you sold the 40ac. Now your gonna get pizzed because someone wants to hunt their own property????

Bisch

no doubt. attitudes like that are probably why most fences go up in the first place, when a civil neighborly discussion probably would have sufficed.

it wont hurt to talk to the ranch, at worst you decide its a headache and you walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

You're getting mad because I want to protect my 1000 acres from someone letting some guy shoot all the deer for basically free?

Yes, absolutely I would HF them out.

The whole "you knew what you were doing" goes both ways you know. You bought a compromised tract of land in the middle of someone's else's large tract. If you didn't know that the potential existed to get screwed, by your own logic you're being an idiot.

Comment

Just discuss with the land owner of the ranch you have to drive through to get to the 40 acres if he gives you a hard time dont do it but if he is a good genuine guy that understands then take it!

Comment

Like I said, you are being rediculous! But don’t worry, you aren’t the only one like that out there, so you have a group you can hang out with!

Bisch

Comment

You're getting mad because I want to protect my 1000 acres from someone letting some guy shoot all the deer for basically free?

The whole "you knew what you were doing" goes both ways you know. You bought a compromised tract of land in the middle of someone's else's large tract. If you didn't know that the potential existed to get screwed, by your own logic you're being an idiot.
                          what if he just wants 1 deer and not "all the deer?"

Comment

For basically free? Hell yes that's a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              what if he just wants 1 deer and not "all the deer?"

Exactly.... Our lease agreement will state only 2 deer taken per year. (2 bucks only)

Comment

Your ridiculous! You are not protecting your 1000 acres lol. No one is touching your land. Remember the deer are not yours

If you would talk to them and get them on board with you, it would cost alot less money then a fence

Now if they go to shooting all kinds of deer, I would consider it.

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
                                Exactly.... Our lease agreement will state only 2 deer taken per year. (2 bucks only)
                                2 bucks on 40 acres is alot

Comment

Working...
                                X