Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    Wrong

This^^^
    Ha ha!!! I totally *****ed up that one. For some reason I thought he had an out... I must have misread something when they "extended" his contract at the beginning of this year.

Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow discusses why he is very optimistic for Houston's 2019 season with the core of the team returning

And finally got to check the luhnow/hinch media stuff from yesterday and he makes it clear Correa is back...

However, sounded pretty clear that Sipp is out and "looking internally" was an afterthought in his statements for the rest of the rotation.

Comment

I thought it was interesting when they addressed the possibility of losing Keuchel and Morton that they mentioned they would need to figure out how they were going to replace them. Essentially, stating that they believed neither would come back. I hope Morton comes back, I don't see Keuchel coming back and that's fine. The biggest piece that I hope resigns with Houston is MarGo. It will be an interesting offseason.

Did anyone catch when Lunhow said that Crains budget would allow them to pursue anyone they wanted if they believed it would upgrade the team?

Comment

I tell you what I am looking forward to... February 7th 2019...

this... thread... is.... so.... darn..... slooooooooow....

Comment

If Osuna is part of the equation, I'm out...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            If Osuna is part of the equation, I'm out...
            Well.. bye.

Comment

With the way the stros offense was all year is it really a surprise it ended the way it did?
              Correa had a horrible year, batting 70 points lower than 2017
              Ultuve- was off on power and down 20 pits on average

We basically got minimum from Gattis and McCann...

Injuries took a toll on the team with multiple star players missing months...

Altuve was hurt again in playoffs, correa was bounced around the order, Bregman cooled off the last 2 weeks and playoffs...although they walked him a bunch

If it wasn't for historic pitching the first 4 months of the season, this team might not of won 85 games...

I hope they add to their pitching staff and get a real power DH for that spot....

Stros are gonna be in the mix for a few years to come.....it just wasnt their year in 2018 and still made it to the ALCS game 5

I would have bet the farm they wouldn't lose 4 in a row though

Comment

I'm sad that posting Kate Upton's photo 875 times didn't result in a world series win.

I really thought it mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I'm sad that posting Kate Upton's photo 875 times didn't result in a world series win.

I think we burned that picture out. There are many more we need to utilize next year.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    I think we burned that picture out. There are many more we need to utilize next year.

Please re-size small, thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      I thought it was interesting when they addressed the possibility of losing Keuchel and Morton that they mentioned they would need to figure out how they were going to replace them. Essentially, stating that they believed neither would come back. I hope Morton comes back, I don't see Keuchel coming back and that's fine. The biggest piece that I hope resigns with Houston is MarGo. It will be an interesting offseason.

Did anyone catch when Lunhow said that Crains budget would allow them to pursue anyone they wanted if they believed it would upgrade the team?
                      Thats one thing I hated about that tightwad McNair. He very seldom wanted to pay for top-tier talent. Crain wants to win, period. And he lets his staff run the team, as he should (a-hem, Jerra).

Comment

Correa is arbitration eligible the next 3 yrs. He'll get a raise each year but would have to be traded to not be with Houston until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

It proves it wasnt posted enough.
                          Close.. but apparently we fell short and let Kate down.
                          Disappointed is not strong enough a word.
                          Last edited by systemnt; 10-27-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            With the way the stros offense was all year is it really a surprise it ended the way it did?
                            Correa had a horrible year, batting 70 points lower than 2017
                            Ultuve- was off on power and down 20 pits on average

We basically got minimum from Gattis and McCann...

Injuries took a toll on the team with multiple star players missing months...

Altuve was hurt again in playoffs, correa was bounced around the order, Bregman cooled off the last 2 weeks and playoffs...although they walked him a bunch

If it wasn't for historic pitching the first 4 months of the season, this team might not of won 85 games...

I hope they add to their pitching staff and get a real power DH for that spot....

Stros are gonna be in the mix for a few years to come.....it just wasnt their year in 2018 and still made it to the ALCS game 5

I would have bet the farm they wouldn't lose 4 in a row though
                            What a horrible year..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              What a horrible year..
                              I read an interesting article the other day that basically outlined how all of the main players from 2017 had far worse years this season, save Bregman, so their being able to win 103 games was due in large part to bringing in new players (Cole, White, Kemp, etc.).

Like I said it was very interesting but at the end of the day bringing in solid new talent is how you stay a good team.

Comment

I think the Injuries cost us the end of the season. Astros still had a good season, but a 2nd Wotld Series sure would have been nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X