Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all let me know if we get to game 7. I’ve had enough of hinch coaching off an iPad based on analytics. His pitching management has been costly the last two games....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll agree there was some sloppiness in the Astros tonight, but it’s pretty rough when you have to play better than the other team AND the umps.

Comment

#believe

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          I’ll agree there was some sloppiness in the Astros tonight, but it’s pretty rough when you have to play better than the other team AND the umps.
          Yep, they took a 2 run homer away from Altuve.

Crunch time for here on out.

Comment

Have the pitchers and catchers forgotten how to perform under pressure? The last couple of games have stunk to high heaven. Now onto a 3 game winning streak.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Have the pitchers and catchers forgotten how to perform under pressure? The last couple of games have stunk to high heaven. Now onto a 3 game winning streak.
              Hope your right on the winning streak part.
              #believe

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Have you noticed when you quote someone the post goes through a lot faster.

Comment

I personally don't even care about the homerun that was taken away from altuve. Yes, that would've given them 2 runs and they just so happened to lose by 2 runs. However, there were also 2 batters that were hit by pitch last night with bases loaded, which gave the Red Sox an additional 2 runs. You cant allow that, especially in a game like this and against a team like this. So yes, there were two runs taken away from the astros, but there were several runs given to the redsox by the astros themselves. If you ask me, the only team who beat the astros last night were the astros themselves. Everyone's so caught up on the homerun and whether or not it was interference. That's besides the point. IF you sit back and look at the rest of the game, the astros practically gave them the win.
                  Last edited by Fish-n-Hunt17; 10-18-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

The walks, HBP, and wild pitches/pass balls has been absolutely insane for the Astro's this series indeed.

Honestly can't remember anything like it and bringing that to the table against the Sox's gets you a quick exit to go home....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Man I never saw a definitive angle to tell if he went into the stands or not. Seemed like it was right on the verge of yes or no and depending on how it was called on the field was what it was staying regardless of review.

Especially was tricky since Betts glove was 4 feet above the wall!

Outfield umpire should be much closer to the wall though and that would've solved having a crappy angle by old West
                      The shadows on the wall look to me like the fans hands are just over the wall. They're leaned up with their legs against it and the one guy has his hand over the wall and is leaning over. I think the ball was still on the field side of the fence. The field of play doesn't stop at the top of the wall, it runs parallel with the wall. So Betts being over the wall vertically is allowed, but if he went over the wall horizontally, then the interference doesn't matter.

I don't have a dog in the fight and think Joe West is the worst umpire in the Majors but I do think they got it right after replay.

The HP ump did miss the K on the non foul tip.

Comment

Any one heard from Dave. His favorite ump West may have finally sent him over the edge lol!

Comment

What a shame on MLB....in football they now let the play, play out qand then review it.
                          66 year old and 350# Joe West was over 100 feet away from the play. The correct on field call should have been home run, AND THEN REVIEW IT. IF they over turned it then, oh well. I have seen no video that shows anyone reached over the line. There arms are tucked in to try and basket catch the ball, except for the guy in grey who never came close to it. It was a blown call ..

BUT **** the Astros blew 2 1 run leads. Passed balls, wild pitches, hit batters...you do this against a 108 win team and you get beat.
                          We got Bregman to the plate with bases loaded and Beni makes a great play. BALL GAME

This team can still do it and you have your 3 horses lined up to make the run. If they get beat then they got beat by a better team.

Its been a fun year and their backs are now against the wall.....

We will see what they are made of.....

Comment

Any takers that the umpires looked at the video after the game and new they blew the call? I bet they change their umpire skills tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              What a shame on MLB....in football they now let the play, play out qand then review it.
                              66 year old and 350# Joe West was over 100 feet away from the play. The correct on field call should have been home run, AND THEN REVIEW IT. IF they over turned it then, oh well. I have seen no video that shows anyone reached over the line. There arms are tucked in to try and basket catch the ball, except for the guy in grey who never came close to it. It was a blown call ..

BUT **** the Astros blew 2 1 run leads. Passed balls, wild pitches, hit batters...you do this against a 108 win team and you get beat.
                              We got Bregman to the plate with bases loaded and Beni makes a great play. BALL GAME

This team can still do it and you have your 3 horses lined up to make the run. If they get beat then they got beat by a better team.

Its been a fun year and their backs are now against the wall.....

We will see what they are made of.....
                              Yep! A lot to be vexed about in that game but multiple opportunities were squandered. We all hope they survive the Boston home stand. Just hate to see it end with such a lackluster feel.[emoji461]️

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fish-n-Hunt17 View Post
                                I personally don't even care about the homerun that was taken away from altuve. Yes, that would've given them 2 runs and they just so happened to lose by 2 runs. However, there were also 2 batters that were hit by pitch last night with bases loaded, which gave the Red Sox an additional 2 runs. You cant allow that, especially in a game like this and against a team like this. So yes, there were two runs taken away from the astros, but there were several runs given to the redsox by the astros themselves. If you ask me, the only team who beat the astros last night were the astros themselves. Everyone's so caught up on the homerun and whether or not it was interference. That's besides the point. IF you sit back and look at the rest of the game, the astros practically gave them the win.

I agree 100%

Hopefully we can find a hot streak and not come crashing down to end the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X